“What a Breakfast!!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Phoenix Hill
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Arrived at 10 on a Saturday and had to wait for about 20 mins for a table. It was worth the wait!! The lemon pancakes and my poached eggs with a yummy slightly spicey cilantro sauce were amazing. I was taken aback by the wonderful drink menu .. not your average mimosa here!! My mimosa was a special of the day - peach and ginger!! Portions are big. Our service was outstanding! Typical Louisville .. a lot of "please and thank yous" and that is just how I like it!! I loved this place! A tip .. I noticed while we were waiting that people were calling as they were leaving home and were put on the wait list. So next time Im there I will call ahead.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We enjoyed talking with others during the Noon hour wait and were assured an hour wait wasn't unusual especially for Saturday's graduation day at the University of Louisville. About two dozen people - about half of them 'locals', some with children - were looking forward to a breakfast / lunch.

Although Toast does not take reservations, our server told us that the next time we can call ahead and the travel time will be deducted from the wait time.

Our server was friendly and provided quick service. Each of the four of us agreed we would recommend the Lemon Soufflé (which doesn’t need syrup) and the South of the Border omelet as well as the grilled chicken breast and the meatloaf sandwiches; one of us said that the chili was ‘spiced just right.’

Toast offers large cups of flavored coffee: the Bananas Foster is especially tasty and a bit pricey. Free refills on regular coffee, tea and sodas.

Bar service. Coca-Cola products. The orange juice is Minute Maid. ‘Too many oranges, too much time to squeeze fresh,’ our server told us.

Free Wi-Fi, handicapped accessible. Those with walkers and wheelchairs may wish assistance in navigating the aisles between the closely spaced tables.

On street parking in downtown Louisville at 620 East Market Street (502) 569-4099.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Awesome place and ambience, great food and great coffee!!! Call ahead very busy. Awesome decor and friendly service!!!!!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This will be our new breakfast lunch place! Our go to was closed, so it has been difficult trying to find something that we equally like. The host was pleasant and we chatted with him until we sat, When we were sat, our waiter came immediately, told us the specials. I had gotten a peach basil iced tea, which is possibly the BEST iced tea I have ever had. They also an assortment of mimosas, that looked very refreshing and appetizing. I do recommend this place, so lovely :)

Reviewed April 16, 2013

It seemed like this was the place to go for a great downtown breakfast. While SAturdays can indeed be crowded, we waited for almost an hour and yet saw tables that were empty the whole time. We were then finally seated at one of these same tables. Another party was seated just after us and they had just arrived. Also the food was only good, not great. After asking about whether a pancake dish came with real maple syrup, it in fact came with some sort of fake maple flavored syrup. Yuk, why bother even having a pancake with that on top? And this was after having been brought the wrong order. My husband's meal was the special of the day, and he reported it as very average - and fairly expensive to boot.