2,228 results
All reviewslobby barclub levelhistoric hotelpiano playerberry piebell staffdowntown louisvillesouthern charmbeautiful lobbycorner roomroom was largevalet parkingan older hotelbourbon trailfourth street livechurchill downshors
Reviewed November 25, 2009

This about the third time staying at the Brown (I believe) and it always is a good choice.

Elegant, historic hotel in the downtown area and within walking distance of some great bars and restaurants.

Had dinner at the Sports & Social Club and enjoyed many Sunday NFL games.

The rooms are very nice and I recommend an inside room which are quieter and away from most of the street noise.

A excellent choice.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2009

My husband and I just got married on October 24 at the Brown Hotel. We had the most exceptional woman we called our "head hancho" taking care of everything. She took care of everything from booking us all the way to becoming our new life-long friend. Her name is Jeri Stewart and she is fabulous. The ceremony room was perfect and the reception hall was gorgeous. Overall my husband and I sum up the entire evening as perfectly unforgetable. Our hotel room was very clean and had a warm sense of welcome written all over it. Everyone we came in contact with was curteous and always willing to help. Although it might take a while to check in/out it is more than worth it. I just want to say thank you again for a wonderful night we will NEVER forget!

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank GerberDaisyKY
Reviewed November 23, 2009

We stayed at this hotel and it was very nice. Our room was a little bit small but the atmosphere was very nice. The closed and latched bathroom door kept opening during the night and another party in our group kept seeing their bathroom door knob handle turn by itself.

I recommend this hotel even if it could give someone the heebie jeebies. If there was a ghost they didn't bother anyone.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2009

We recently attended a large, three day wedding event. It was wonderful! The location of all the party rooms was ideal and closely connected. The lobby was drop dead gorgeous and very conducive to meeting up with friends or cozying up with a book or game of chess in between parties. Particularly appealing was the sound of live piano throughout the hotel. The maid service encountered in the hall were all very pleasant and greeted one with a smile and our room was well appointed and historic in atmosphere. We were very impressed with the establishment's ability to handle the massive amount of organization needed for handling a room flip between the ceremony setting and the following dinner party. A cocktail party in a second lovely room kept everyone entertained and the switch was completed in a timely manner. And hats off to the young woman who was so accommodating in fetching me a to-go coffee one morning. You would have thought I had ordered a 5 coarse dinner with the kind time and attention to securing cream and sugar. It's all in the details that make a hotel guest feel pampered. The Brown Hotel remains on my favorite list of fabulous hotels.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Recently stayed at the Brown for 4 nights. This hotel is a complete disappointment...and what others have called charm and elegance is nothing more than a run down hotel in need of tremendous repair. While the public spaces (lobby, bar, restaurants) are very nice and elegantly appointed, the rooms are another story. With the exception of the bathroom - the hotel rooms require much needed repair and updating. My first room was a disaster. I walked in to find a filty toilet, a head board laying against the wall rather than attached, an ice bucket filled with dirty water, and towel hooks in the bathroom barely attached to the wall. I called the front desk and they were kind enough to move me to another room. While the second room was clearner, there was much repair needed. The wall paper was peeling, there were only three outlets so there were several multi-outlet extensions with multiple extension cords for all lights/radio/TV etc....a major fire hazzard. For a 4-dimond hotel, I was surprised by the 1980's TV. When I commented to the shuttle driver that I was surprised to see the old television - he commented that "I hope you think it is better that I have a job rather than you have a flat screen TV. The hotel had to make some decisions and decided to spend their money on other things." While I agree with him completely, I thought this was an odd thing to say. Other issues: 1) minimal room serice menu; 2) alarm clock did not work; 3) could not see the television from the desk; 4) internet service was EXTREMELY slow; 5) noisy location; and 6) ridculously unorganized "gift" shop with no traveler necessities. Not all was bad, there were several nice things: 1) very friendly and accommodating staff, 2) great location (with the exception of the noise); 3) free shuttle service to and from the airport; 4) very quite rooms (with concrete walls). Overall - I would not stay here again - but, for others I am sure the problems I described would be a non-issue so I believe most would return. Bottom line - this hotel is depending on their history and that they call "old world charm" to help them compete, but they have much work to do in order to become competitive. Just my thoughts.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business