“Wonderful staff”

Ranked #2 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful staff”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I went to Louisville for a weekend trip, I have heard lots of positive comments about The Brown Hotel so we decided that was the place to stay. We were quickly greeted by friendly and helpful valet staff (also extremely nice when we left). The hotel itself is beautiful, old world charm and very clean. Our room was on the 9th floor and although not overly large it was very clean and comfortable king size bed. The bathroom was nice, bright windows and gleaming clean. We had a drink at the lobby bar which was a fantastic area to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. That evening we took a walk about 2 blocks to Fourth Street Live. We felt safe walking and there were lots of other people out and about. We enjoyed the location of the hotel because it is slightly out of the noise/young crowd of the Fourth Street Live venue but easy enough to walk and enjoy it if you wish. We had great sleep, the hallways were not loud and the air conditioning worked great keeping the room temp perfect. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only neutral comment I have is the breakfast buffet at J Grahams Cafe inside the hotel wasn't that great. It was included in our room package but we didn't think much of the food choices or quality. Not terrible but we've had better.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very detailed review and positive thoughts regarding our valet staff, quiet guest room and location in the downtown.
Please let me know when your travels next bring you to Louisville and I will ensure we meet your expectations on the Café breakfast buffet.
bwalker@brownhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I purchased a Living Social offer for our one year wedding anniversary. We knew it would be a pleasant experience but we weren't sure just how pleasant. Our Club Deluxe room offered continental breakfast, afternoon hors d'oeuvres and drinks that were served in a lovely room on the Club floor.

The employees provided unprecedented hospitality and service. The valet stand employees helped with obtaining taxi service, suggesting points of interest around town and general questions. The Lobby Bar, while in the lobby, had such a cozy feel. J. Graham's specializes in the Hot Brown and they do not disappoint! Each time we ordered the Hot Brown, it came out fresh and delicious.

The experience at The Brown Hotel was amazing and the location is perfect for all the sightseeing spots downtown! I don't even have one complaint (which is quite rare)!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rita,
Many thanks for your wonderful review. Always enjoy sharing kind words like yours with our staff.
Please let me know when your travels next bring you to Louisville and I’ll block a nice room for you.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Sadly, we only had one night to enjoy the service and charm of the Brown Hotel. It you treasure the timeless elegance of turn of the century (1900's) mark this place down on your to do list. The second story lobby was a bit different but worked flawlessly. We were greeted as soon as we parked our car where the bell hop asked our name, were directed to the second floor lobby. When we walked up to the counter, we were greeted by name.

The room was large, well appointed and the 3 windows made it feel airy and open. A class hotel with impeccable service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tom,
Always nice to read of “impeccable service” from a guest. Thank you for the kind words.
Hope to see you back again in future. Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance.
Columbia, SC
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Make The Brown your choice when staying in Louisville. I'm a meeting planner and just finished up 2 back-to-back events there (9 days, whew!). Every person I encountered at The Brown was focused on making my (and my attendees') stay a great experience. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and is very well maintained considering it's a historic property. Graceful & elegant don't begin to describe it. The rooms are well appointed, luxurious, and large. The food is delicious - The Hot Brown is a must-try. Don't pass up an opportunity to stay at The Brown.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chatan-cho, Japan
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My sons and I stayed here for a one night layover on our way to Japan and it was wonderful. The hotel shuttle picked us up quickly and we arrived within 10 minutes. The hotel was stunning, like walking into an old movie set. My kids were blown away and wanted to explore everything. The staff is amazing and very courteous willing to help you with anything you need. Our room was great the bed was heaven and the bathroom very spacious with great soaps and lotions.
We didn't try the restaurants instead deciding to explore 4th street and found a TGI Fridays instead which was good too. I would have loved to stay longer sadly we had to go but we will be back!

Room Tip: We used Priceline and saved a lot on our room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JeremyDani C
Dear Jeremy,
So pleased to read that you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for the kind words on our staff.
Please let me know when you return to Louisville and I’ll block a nice room for you.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Traveled with friends to Louisville for the weekend for a bachelor party. Last minute we needed a room and my friend came up with The Brown. Really cool place. Never stayed in a place like this before. Unfortunately there was a miss communication and we ended up with 2 single bed rooms instead of doubles. Supposedly all the double rooms were booked (didn't seem that busy) but we made it work. Would stay again if we were back in the area. We had bourbon drinks at the bar. Very LARGE list of drinks. Good service from the ladies.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights as part of a touring holiday. I had heard about the Brown hotel and was extremely excited about our visit. We were not disappointed. From the outside it looks a little ordinary - a large symmetrical box. Do not be deceived inside it is extremely elegant. The reception is behind old bank style tellers and the decoration is ornate and very fancy. The bar is in a lounge next to reception - on the second floor- just right for a cocktail before hitting the town. We were given a spacious Club room, which meant we could make use of a Club lounge for light breakfast and early evening drinks. Room was lovely with horse themed prints. I was surprised that there was no in room safe - in this day and age hotels should appreciate that guests have personal items they wish to secure safely without having to get a safety deposit box at reception. Hotel is just a short walk from the "4th Street Live" area of restaurants and bars. Welcoming, charming, service was great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple