“The only place I would stay in Louisville” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Brown Hotel

The Brown Hotel
Ranked #3 of 94 Hotels in Louisville
Harrogate, Tennessee
“The only place I would stay in Louisville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Before my trip to Louisville, I researched hotel recommendations and came across The Brown Hotel. With a reputation for good service, amazing food, a beautiful interior, as well as other great amenities, it seemed like a no brainer. After leaving, it is safe to say that my stay exceeded expectations. The room to the hotel was very clean, and had a great view of the city. The hotel staff always greeted me with a smile and asked if there was anything they could do to help. The Brown was also within walking distance to Central Park and 4th Street Live. The Brown's restaurant had a variety of food including the legendary "Hot Brown," but also had its fair share of vegetarian options. Overall, it was the perfect location, kind hospitality, and classic interior that makes me want to stay here again, once I return to Louisville.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
Greeneville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stopped in to the Brown after a long road trip (2,000 miles). What a great place! A very classy place for sure. The room was super clean and comfortable. One of the comfiest beds I've ever slept in, and allowed me to get an actual full nights rest (I usually can't sleep in hotels at all). The bar in the lobby made up wonderful bourbon cocktails, and the staff was great to work with. Stayed for breakfast in the morning, and had a very enjoyable meal. I would recommend The Brown Hotel for anyone passing through Louisville and looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Bay Village, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Let me begin by saying that my wife acquired a great deal on "Living Social" so the value part of the review is open to interpretation . For us it was a wonderful deal and I cannot say enough about the facility and service. This is the originator of the " Hot Brown" meal and even of you do not stay here, you should eat here. I would stay here if you can because it is an absolutely beautiful place to stay and it is perfectly located.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Brown is a classic "old school" hotel and still one of my favorites for its emphasis on elegence and service. I have stayed here dozens of times on business and it is my first choice in Louisville, even when it is not as a convenient location for my work, it is still first choice. The staff is extremely customer satisfaction oriented, the building itself is a delight, and the main restaurant "The English Grill" is one of the best in the city. All that having been said, the hotel does need a refresh, just a little sprucing up and modernizing here and there.

Room Tip: higher floors away from street noise; rooms are not cookie cutter alike, some are larger and some sm...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Guest,
Pleased to read that you have stayed with us many times in past.
Please let me know when your travels next bring you our way. I would look forward to a chance to say hello and block a nice room for you.
Hope to see you soon.
Regards,
Brad Walker
Vice President and General Manager
bwalker@brownhotel.com
Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here one night after a concert at the KFC Yum Center. I was dropping off girls, so we did not need to be within walking distance to the arena. From the moment you drive up, the valets, bellmen, desk associates, and wait staff are simply amazing!! So helpful with info of the city, parking, dining, and friendly. Ate at the lobby restaurant as well as room service. You MUST have the Hot Brown. If you aren't from the South, you probably have not heard of this favorite sandwich, but The Brown Hotel is where is originated and no one does it justice! We all actually had it twice during our stay! The hotel is a little pricey, but well worth it! The awe inspiring decor and atmosphere was awesome!

Room Tip: If you don't want to valet park, there are lots close to the the hotel to park in over the weeke...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great hotel, although a little far from center of city (0.5-1 miles). There are some hotels closer to downtown, but on a hot day, it was a bit of a walk. Staff was helpful, but I was a little annoyed they charged us $10 extra for 2 separate beds (booked on priceline).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My Sister and I took a "roots" trip to Kentucky to see where I was born and where she grew up before we moved to the Gold State. The Hotel is a Magnificent Historic Hotel beautifully appointed with charming staff. The rooms send you back in time a half a century. THE WINDOWS OPEN! Kind people abound and we were very gratful for all of their great recommendations. Not to be missed is their world famous "Hot Brown" a yummy cheesy sandwich thing (we split one) apparently invented in the 20s to fuel the flapper set after a night on the town. Rich and yum yum. Could never eat a whole one. A lovely experience. I hope the staff wont be mad. I got home and had not turned in my plastic key. So I hole punched it and used it for the mailbox. Now when I get the mail I leap back to my roots.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family