2,269 results
All reviews lobby bar club level historic hotel piano player berry pie bell staff downtown louisville southern charm beautiful lobby corner room every staff member valet parking room was large an older hotel bourbon trail fourth street live churchill downs
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went in a business trip where I did not decide the hotel but were advised it was nice with tons of history. The hotel did not disappoint. I would not rate it as high as other reviewers because it did not feel a luxury experience. The room was well sized, clean and comfortable. Bathroom as well, everything worked perfectly. I was disappointed it did not have a mini bar, it was a hot day and I wanted to get to my room and refresh but had to settle for a soda machine across the hall. The halls look somewhat worn out but the elevators and the lobby are spectacular, look old but in a nice way. Service is spot on. Appreciation for the service in the gift shop, they let me borrow a pair of scissors since they did not sell them.

Location of the hotel is OK, you can walk to several restaurants and bars or go to where things are "happening" in Louisville, in a short cab ride. There is a cab stand right by the side of the hotel and drivers are incredibly useful and nice, educated people.

The room was quiet even when the sight of my window was some street construction. Had a great night. Breakfast the next day was very good, not that expensive but took too long to be served, something hard to understand when so many people at the restaurant looked like business people.

Overall, I liked the hotel, its charm beats any chain hotel in the area, it has good, attentive service and comfortable rooms. My only "negative" comment is that I did not find the hotel to be a luxury property (no HBO!). We were given a corporate rate but the published rate is over 300dlls., I think is a little bit expensive. Will come back (with a corporate rate or a promotion) because I loved Louiville!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your detailed review and your positive thoughts on our service.
Please allow me to handle your next reservation. I will ensure we have a mini refrigerator in the room…and that we have your breakfast to you faster than you have ever experienced.
Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at the Brown because we were going to a play at the Kentucky Center. It is very convenient to take a taxi from the Brown. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. The food in the Lobby bar was wonderful and priced appropriately. We enjoy staying at the Brown whenever we are in Louisville.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Pleased to hear that you are a returning guest. Thank you for noting our good location for the activities in the downtown.
Please allow me to handle a future reservation when your travels bring you our way.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This historic hotel is not only gorgeous, it's right in the thick of Louisville with really nice boutiques, restaurants, and nightlife within walking distance. You get a touch of the past within the beautiful walls, but not out of reach from a very modern evening!

The staff were all really friendly, going above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. We were upgraded to a club level room, which included drinks and hors d'oeuvres in the lounge each evening, as well as a classic breakfast each morning. The room was huge, and lovely, overlooking downtown Louisville and a breathtaking sunset. The toiletries were very nice, as well, and there was nothing I needed that wasn't there for us.

There is so much to see at the Brown Hotel, and so much to explore in the city around it. It's definitely worth it!

Room Tip: Club level rooms include the most perks for you stay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaintLexi
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind thoughts and for noting our great location in downtown with so much within walking distance.
We look forward to seeing you in future.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Attended a wedding reception and stayed for 2 nights. The moment we arrived we were treated to 1st class service until we left after our stay. The food in the English Grill was delicious. You've got to try the Hot Brown, it is to die for!! The hotel with its history, you feel like you are living in an ornate castle. Cant say enough about the Brown and its staff only stay at the Brown and you won't be disappointed

Room Tip: Conner suites are large
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Very pleased to read of your experience with us. Our staff enjoyed your wonderful thoughts.
Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance in future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed one night, but I wish we could have been there longer. We found the staff quite attentive and professional from the moment we arrived, and obviously the decor and style of the hotel is unique. I stay at plenty of stuffy five-star hotels (usually in Asia) for work and found the Brown to be a breath of fresh air. Well appointed, but felt comfortable letting my hair down. Hopefully as that part of downtown Louisville improves it will become an even more desirable place to stay.

Room Tip: Stayed on the club level, which was worth it for the breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew H
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Guest,
Delighted to hear that you find us in similar category with your five star hotels in Asia.
Thank you for the kind thoughts on our staff.
Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance.