$111
$109
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$129
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
$99
$89
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$111
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$147
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Breckinridge Inn(Louisville)
$79
Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo(Louisville)(Great Value!)
$68
$65
$99
2,201 results
All reviewslobby barclub levelhistoric hotelpiano playerberry piebell staffmodern amenitiesdowntown louisvillesouthern charmbeautiful lobbycorner roomevery staff membervalet parkingan older hotelroom was largebourbon trailbed was very comfortable
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Attended a wedding reception and stayed for 2 nights. The moment we arrived we were treated to 1st class service until we left after our stay. The food in the English Grill was delicious. You've got to try the Hot Brown, it is to die for!! The hotel with its history, you feel like you are living in an ornate castle. Cant say enough about the Brown and its staff only stay at the Brown and you won't be disappointed

Room Tip: Conner suites are large
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Guest,
Very pleased to read of your experience with us. Our staff enjoyed your wonderful thoughts.
Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance in future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed one night, but I wish we could have been there longer. We found the staff quite attentive and professional from the moment we arrived, and obviously the decor and style of the hotel is unique. I stay at plenty of stuffy five-star hotels (usually in Asia) for work and found the Brown to be a breath of fresh air. Well appointed, but felt comfortable letting my hair down. Hopefully as that part of downtown Louisville improves it will become an even more desirable place to stay.

Room Tip: Stayed on the club level, which was worth it for the breakfast.
1  Thank Andrew H
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Guest,
Delighted to hear that you find us in similar category with your five star hotels in Asia.
Thank you for the kind thoughts on our staff.
Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Right up front, this isn't a hotel for everyone. It is an old style hotel with tradeoffs between the old time style/class and a those deficiencies of an old building with thinner walls and different spaces. Bathrooms are not going to be huge. There will be a few more noises from both inside and outside. The appointments, however, are a bit of a throwback to the the 20s through 40s. There is a strong focus on 'The Derby' and Louisville history, cultured service, fine dining (both casual and formal), and a decor that if you are not careful will have you staring at the ceiling in the lobby. If you are more the metro-chic whatever type, this isn't the place for you. If you want to dress for dinner, have overstuffed couches and Queen Anne furniture in your room, then this might be it. Not cheap, but as soon as you walk in, you know that this is different than most hotels around the country. Dining is wonderful, but J. Graham's Cafe and The English Grill will be reviewed separately. I love it and would come back just for another meal by Chef Bettis (and the strawberry jam).

1  Thank Foodrevue

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very well written review.
Pleased to read your good thoughts regarding cultured service and our wonderful Chef and culinary staff.
Hope to have you back with us in future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Brown is truly a special place and we chose to host our wedding reception here this past weekend. First, the wedding rate we received for our guests was wonderful and was an exceptional deal for the quality of the rooms. The food at our reception was wonderful and the wait-staff were incredibly polite and professional to all of our guests. Debbie, the Wedding Coordinator, was a delight to work with from beginning to end and made my husband and I feel so special on the night of our wedding. She always replied to us promptly and went out of her way to be there for us.

The hotel is beautiful aesthetically, and it is even more extraordinary in our eyes due to the attentive staff. We had our cocktail hour in the Bluegrass Room and the reception was held in the magnificent Crystal Ballroom. If you are on the fence as to whether or not to have your event here, don't hesitate because you won't be disappointed. Our guests are still calling my parents to rave about the service, food, etc. so it's nice to know we are not the only ones who were made to feel special!

We can't wait to come back to visit! Our wedding weekend was truly perfect thanks to everyone at The Brown Hotel!

Abby & Marc A.

Room Tip: I would suggest staying on a "Club Floor" the amenities are totally worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Abby,
Very pleased to read of your wonderful experience.
Thank you for sharing your special day with us here at the Brown.
Debbie is indeed a wonderful ambassador for us, working hard to make sure every detail of the wedding reception goes well.
We hope to see you back in future. Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

With the price (esp for Kentucky), I was thinking that I was going to be living in the lap of luxury on my visit. But the hotel was just pretty good, not excellent.

The location is fine, the bar downstairs is happening until the wee hours, my bed was comfortable, and I loved having windows in my bathroom.

However, the room was tiny and the bed was only a few feet from the door, so I could hear whispers from a couple in the hallway as they were contemplating having an extramarital affair on their business trip. Scandalous! (they ended up being true to their vows, you'll be pleased to know)

Breakfast room service was fine. I think they threw in some coffee without charge for some reason.

Also, didn't like these random tables in the hallway with dusty fake flowers, dusty tablecloths, and dusty old books - Not sure what they were aiming for with that design element but gave the hotel a rundown feel.

Not the nicest hotel I've stayed in this year by any stretch of the imagination, but not bad.

Would probably try something else on next stay. It wasn't a luxurious escape despite the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your constructive thoughts.
When your travels next bring you to Louisville, please allow me to handle your reservation. I will ensure we have a quiet room for you and you will leave feeling we provided a great value.
And…I have had the dusters out all day on those hallway books.