2,228 results
All reviewslobby barclub levelhistoric hotelpiano playerberry piebell staffdowntown louisvillesouthern charmbeautiful lobbycorner roomroom was largevalet parkingan older hotelbourbon trailfourth street livechurchill downshors
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Brown is truly a special place and we chose to host our wedding reception here this past weekend. First, the wedding rate we received for our guests was wonderful and was an exceptional deal for the quality of the rooms. The food at our reception was wonderful and the wait-staff were incredibly polite and professional to all of our guests. Debbie, the Wedding Coordinator, was a delight to work with from beginning to end and made my husband and I feel so special on the night of our wedding. She always replied to us promptly and went out of her way to be there for us.

The hotel is beautiful aesthetically, and it is even more extraordinary in our eyes due to the attentive staff. We had our cocktail hour in the Bluegrass Room and the reception was held in the magnificent Crystal Ballroom. If you are on the fence as to whether or not to have your event here, don't hesitate because you won't be disappointed. Our guests are still calling my parents to rave about the service, food, etc. so it's nice to know we are not the only ones who were made to feel special!

We can't wait to come back to visit! Our wedding weekend was truly perfect thanks to everyone at The Brown Hotel!

Abby & Marc A.

Room Tip: I would suggest staying on a "Club Floor" the amenities are totally worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Abby,
Very pleased to read of your wonderful experience.
Thank you for sharing your special day with us here at the Brown.
Debbie is indeed a wonderful ambassador for us, working hard to make sure every detail of the wedding reception goes well.
We hope to see you back in future. Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

With the price (esp for Kentucky), I was thinking that I was going to be living in the lap of luxury on my visit. But the hotel was just pretty good, not excellent.

The location is fine, the bar downstairs is happening until the wee hours, my bed was comfortable, and I loved having windows in my bathroom.

However, the room was tiny and the bed was only a few feet from the door, so I could hear whispers from a couple in the hallway as they were contemplating having an extramarital affair on their business trip. Scandalous! (they ended up being true to their vows, you'll be pleased to know)

Breakfast room service was fine. I think they threw in some coffee without charge for some reason.

Also, didn't like these random tables in the hallway with dusty fake flowers, dusty tablecloths, and dusty old books - Not sure what they were aiming for with that design element but gave the hotel a rundown feel.

Not the nicest hotel I've stayed in this year by any stretch of the imagination, but not bad.

Would probably try something else on next stay. It wasn't a luxurious escape despite the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your constructive thoughts.
When your travels next bring you to Louisville, please allow me to handle your reservation. I will ensure we have a quiet room for you and you will leave feeling we provided a great value.
And…I have had the dusters out all day on those hallway books.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We had a great experience visiting The Brown Hotel in May. Immaculately clean rooms, great service from The Bell Staff and Concierge. Matter of fact, we are already planning our next trip to the hotel.

It was also really need reading about the history of the hotel and it's involvement in the movie Elizabethtown. Great location too.

We'll definitely be back !

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Brown for him to attend a meeting. The meeting rooms were suitable for their needs. Our room was adequately appointed and comfortable. The bar staff were friendly, and the ambience of the hotel was inviting. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

As a disabled veteran, my wife and I rarely travel for leisure. This was our first stay at The Brown and we highly recommend it to anyone from business travellers to couples looking for a getaway.

The customer service we received was superior to any hotel we've ever stayed with in the past. Each employee of the hotel greeted us as if we were the most important people in the building every time we encountered them, regardless of the reason or question we had.

The room was absolutely beautiful, furnished with a plush pillowtop bed that can only be described similarly to sleeping on a cloud. We were in a Club Level Suite and the amenities it offers from terry cloth bathrobes, floor level key entry access, to free drinks in the Club Level Lounge, just to name a few, makes it a terrific value.

The English Grille is available for those who like me, have no particular schesule for when they are hungry. We ordered room service and was stunned by the quality of the food; it seemed as though our meal was freshly made to order even though it was almost midnight. Everything tasted exquisite from the champagne to our meal.

The hotel is in the heart of downtown Louisville, where so much history is still alive. From famous thoroughbred horses to legendary prize fighters, bourbons to iconic baseball bats, there's bound to be something for everyone within a close proximity.

Our stay at The Brown Hotel was absolutely perfect and while I am a hopeless romantic, the staff at The Brown Hotel made it all possible. I will be forever grateful to those of you who made our stay a truly memorable one. -Joseph & Jera D.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Joseph D

Dear Guest,
Great to read your wonderful review. Our staff loved reading your kind words.
We hope to have you back in the near future. Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance.