“Fantastic service”

Sacramento, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,017 helpful votes
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here on my last visit to Louisville. Over the years I have been in this hotel several times and it has always surpassed all the local competition. The room I was assigned was large and clean. The bed was wonderfully comfortable. The cleaning staff did an excellent job everyday without being intrusive. If you go to this hotel you must have a " Hot Brown " in one of their restaurants or in the lobby bar area. This is a fantastic dish invented in this hotel. I was served by a server ( Nicole ) who is tops in my book.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank burls1
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the kind thoughts. Pleased to see that you keep returning to us. Nicole is indeed a great ambassador for us.
Please let me know when your travels next bring you to the Brown and I will block a nice room for you.
bwalker@brownhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We enjoyed this hotel, if only for the one night, it was worth the money. The location is great and the staff there were wonderful. Several places to eat in the area along with the hotel's own restaurants and lobby bar. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank shari f
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This hotel is beautiful and very elegant. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and the room was spacious and clean. Very accommodating from the street through the stay. The lobby bar was great and the restaurant was top notch. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jpthom104
Cedarburg
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Makes you want to travel back in time. Simply grand. We enjoyed exploring the hotel, dining in the restaurant, and imagining all that has happened here. Great themes and decor for Louisville reflecting the character and uniqueness of the city.

Room Tip: Try the hot brown.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PBACedarburg
Brandon, Mississippi
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel is gorgeous and the rooms are very comfortable. Every staff member I came in contact with were the best I have seen in a long time. From the front desk to the banquet staff. I would stay there again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Crocci123
Dear Guest,
Always nice to read a great note about our wonderful staff.
Please let me know when your plans bring you back to Louisville and I will block a nice room for you.
Hope to meet on your next visit.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The largest hotel room I've ever stayed in! I definitely recommend The Brown if you're looking for something special with more of a local feel; for us it was a decision between The Brown and 21c, but as out-of-towners, I think we made the right decision.
Beautiful interiors, great service, fantastic room, plenty of bourbon options and, finally, a bartender that can make a superb Old Fashioned. Couldn't have asked for much more.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pezmac
Dear Guest,
Pleased to see that you chose us over the competition in town.
We are very proud of our lobby bartender staff, who are well versed in everything about Kentucky’s native spirit and can recommend from any of our 50+ bourbon selections.
Look forward to having you back with us.
Radcliff
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I love this Hotel. I am here for a wedding. I enjoyed my stay, this is my second time spending the weekend at The Brown a Hotel. Entire room is spacious. It was six ladies getting ready in my room at one time & it worked.
My best Friend got married in the Crystal ballroom & reception was on the entire 16th floor; both was nice, Debbie from the brown is awesome. All hotel staff has been the absolute Best an accommodating.

Now! I will see this, I ordered the Classic breakfast it was not good bacon was burnt, eggs was juicy ( lol), toast was burnt for $25. Also, my plumbing is suspect, it seems to be a disaster waiting to happen. I'm very careful not to use too much of anything that would cause a mess. Lastly, the cleaning staff overlooked clean my room, but It was restocked late last night with no problem.

This is a very old Hotel, yet, very well kept. You will see dated places but it's still a pretty perfect place to stay. I was in room 920, overall I'm very satisfied.

Room Tip: Room 920, you can here hallway & room to room conversation, however, the class of people use pro...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo