“Wonderful Hotel”
Review of The Brown Hotel

The Brown Hotel
Ranked #3 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel is gorgeous and the rooms are very comfortable. Every staff member I came in contact with were the best I have seen in a long time. From the front desk to the banquet staff. I would stay there again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Crocci123
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Guest,
Always nice to read a great note about our wonderful staff.
Please let me know when your plans bring you back to Louisville and I will block a nice room for you.
Hope to meet on your next visit.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The largest hotel room I've ever stayed in! I definitely recommend The Brown if you're looking for something special with more of a local feel; for us it was a decision between The Brown and 21c, but as out-of-towners, I think we made the right decision.
Beautiful interiors, great service, fantastic room, plenty of bourbon options and, finally, a bartender that can make a superb Old Fashioned. Couldn't have asked for much more.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pezmac

Dear Guest,
Pleased to see that you chose us over the competition in town.
We are very proud of our lobby bartender staff, who are well versed in everything about Kentucky’s native spirit and can recommend from any of our 50+ bourbon selections.
Look forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I love this Hotel. I am here for a wedding. I enjoyed my stay, this is my second time spending the weekend at The Brown a Hotel. Entire room is spacious. It was six ladies getting ready in my room at one time & it worked.
My best Friend got married in the Crystal ballroom & reception was on the entire 16th floor; both was nice, Debbie from the brown is awesome. All hotel staff has been the absolute Best an accommodating.

Now! I will see this, I ordered the Classic breakfast it was not good bacon was burnt, eggs was juicy ( lol), toast was burnt for $25. Also, my plumbing is suspect, it seems to be a disaster waiting to happen. I'm very careful not to use too much of anything that would cause a mess. Lastly, the cleaning staff overlooked clean my room, but It was restocked late last night with no problem.

This is a very old Hotel, yet, very well kept. You will see dated places but it's still a pretty perfect place to stay. I was in room 920, overall I'm very satisfied.

Room Tip: Room 920, you can here hallway & room to room conversation, however, the class of people use pro...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank olskooldiva
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Recently stayed 2 nights so I could be downtown for a couple of events and it turned into the perfect weekend getaway. The upgraded room was spacious, had lots of windows and the beds were heaven. Every member of the staff I encountered had a smile and wanted to make sure I had the best stay possible. Will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank LouLouWho
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I just can't pull myself to giving this hotel a five rating. The staff is courtesy and friendly, the beds are okay and the layout of the room is nice and large. However, parking costs 24 dollars a night...with tax..lol why with tax? Another issue is that even though the rooms have that antique look..everything is made in China and not very eclectic. For what I paid it was a fair price, but I wouldn't pay much more. No pool, but it's okay...we didn't expect one. Some rooms have noise reduction window covers and some do not..so check before you stay, because the noise from the street could keep an individual up all night.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Brownsfan82
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write and for the favorable comments on our staff courtesy. Our pillow top bed mattresses are all brand new, so hopefully you slept well.
Parking is a bit of a costly endeavor downtown, though we keep our rates below most of our competition. Unfortunately, those tax collectors want their share.
Please let me know when your travels next bring you our way…and I’ll personally block a room for you with eclectic furnishings.
Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Wonderful from start to finish. We will be back. This gem is walking distance to the Yum Center/Fourth St Live. The decor is amazing. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. Parking is simple enough. Our room was clean... loved the bathroom. We just really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly R
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Kimberly,
Appreciate the nice thoughts. Always great to hear “perfect.”
Thank you for mentioning our good location downtown, central to many of the attractions.
Please allow me to handle your next reservation and a chance to welcome you back to the Brown.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed here just 1 night. While I am aware this this is an older "historic" hotel that is no excuse for peeling paint, stained curtains and worn out looking furniture that would look more at home at Goodwill. (If they would accept it.) Even though I stayed on the club level, and paid a premium for it, the bathroom was tiny and dated, the walls way too thin and some of my fellow guests looked as though they might have been more at home at Motel 6. Wait-that's too hard on people who stay at Motel 6. This despite the stuck up young man at the front deck treating me as though I wasn't good enough to stay there. I did have a room service breakfast which was pretty good (if not cheap) and left as quickly as possible.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo