“Service With a Smile To End 2013”
Review of The Brown Hotel

The Brown Hotel
Ranked #3 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
SWFL
“Service With a Smile To End 2013”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I spent NYE 2013 at the Brown. We had been to 21C several times and wanted to see how the Brown measured up.....must say the room facilities have less street noise than 21C; we liked that a great deal. Room service was great and little things like not having to call for "ice" was a huge plus.

We were located on the 13th floor which was to come with access to private lounge providing afternnon drinks/foodie and the same for breakfast. We found it to be quality foods and service; but if you did not get by early on the foods/drink offerings were not replaced with the same foods or not at all. Management may want to look into this shortcoming as we over heard several guest note this; at one point we went by on afternoon to have a few snacks and there were no plates. My wife readily found the hostee and she provided plates from the service area.

Overall "A" we will return. Happy New Year.

Room Tip: Room 1303 very quite, no street noise or from the halls.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pan513
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the positive notes on our quiet rooms and the little comparison to the hotel up the street.
Thank you also for the constructive thought on our club floor food. Please let me know when your travels next bring you our way and I will personally check to ensure we have all the hors d’oeuvres you could ever want.
bwalker@brownhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Brown hotel stands behind every word they published. The service on the club floor was out standing and above and beyond. The host provided us with plenty of information about what to do and where to go and the information was useful and spot on. The club floor is a remarkable deal. We traveled with a family of 4 and the wine and nibbles during the cocktail hour were lovely and the breakfast the following morning was perfect for our needs. I would highly recommend this hotel and package to anyone. The bar is a fun spot to be to try a bourbon after a long day of sightseeing.
All of the staff were extremely helpful and polite. Our room was great and the chocolate on our pillow speaks volumes about service. I would highly recommend this . Easy walking distance to down town about 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Corner room was terrific.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Enjoyed your comments. Thank you for the nice thoughts on our service and the value of our club floor.
Please let me know if I may be of assistance on a future visit.
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently because I was attending training at the nearby HUD office. The hotel staff was terrific. The room I got was on the corner of the building and had an excellent view! The wifi was free which was a change from the last time I stayed at the Brown. Parking (self or valet) is readily available. It located in close proximity to 4th street live which is always fun..

Room Tip: The corner room I had (1101) had a great layout and view!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TwylaMae197
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks so much for your nice thoughts.
Our wireless internet is free to our guests in their room as well as in the lobby, restaurants and meeting rooms - a great cost saver compared to staying at all those cookie cutter, chain hotels here in the downtown.
We look forward to seeing you back.
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The BEST HOTEL I've ever stayed at. Top of the line service. Loved it. Will go back. Beautiful hotel. Excellent service from bellman staff. Always addressed us as Mr. and Mrs. We went out to dinner and they sent a shuttle to come pick us up. 4 stars.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AngelaRitchie3674
Dear Guest,
Love hearing a guest write “Best hotel ever.”
Please let me know when your travels next bring you our way and I’ll block a nice room.
Look forward to having you back with us.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My friends and I stayed for a special occasion and could not have been more impressed with the level of service we receive from all the employees especially , Andrew, who was kind enough to provide us information about the local hot spots & detailed directions. Made our stay remarkable & very rememorable. Will recommend to all my friends who wish to feel pampered & special!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the nice thoughts.
Andrew is indeed a gem – he appreciated your kind comment.
We look forward to having all your friends with us. Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The best service ever from an amazing hotel! My friends and I could not have been more enjoyable. The room was huge and updated. The food was delicious-especially the hot brown! And the customer service was above and beyond what was expected- especially from Andrew at the front office and Stephen at the bell stand. We will definitely be back!!
Heather A.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Appreciate all the wonderful thoughts.
Stephen and Andrew are both great representatives for us – thanks for mentioning.
Great to hear you will be back. Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance.
Napa, CA
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The Brown Hotel is fine hotel, with great service and classic atmosphere. The lobby bar is a great place to find yourself at the end of the day. Stay Club Level and enjoy your morning coffee and breakfast here, instead of standing in line for the downstairs restaurant. Club Level is more more single travelers and adult couples, few children. Pleasant king room overlooking inner hotel for peace and quiet. A short walk from the downtown lively areas, safe to walk at night.

Room Tip: Club Level
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissIvNapa
Dear Guest,
Delighted to read your thoughts.
Nice to hear you found good value on our Club floor. Hard to see why most everyone doesn’t opt for the complimentary continental in the morning, free hors d’oeuvres, wine and beer in the evening.
Hope to have you back with us in future. Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance.