$129
$109
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$139
  • Pool
$99
$89
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$111
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

Breckinridge Inn(Louisville)
$81
$79
Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo(Louisville)(Great Value!)
$68
  • Room Service
$99
Hotels.com
2,200 results
All reviewslobby barclub levelhistoric hotelpiano playerberry piebell staffmodern amenitiesdowntown louisvillesouthern charmbeautiful lobbycorner roomevery staff membervalet parkingan older hotelroom was largebourbon trailbed was very comfortable
Reviewed June 7, 2008

It was a toss-up between one of the historic hotels in downtown Louisville (Seelbach and a couple others), but we opted for the Brown as I was anxious to try the famous 'Hot Brown' at the site of its origin.

Check-in was smooth, valet parking well-organized, and the room was comfortable. As we were on a club floor (13th floor.... I didn't know hotels had those anymore), we had access to a club lounge for happy hour and breakfast. Breakfast was especially nice, since I was able to get loads of healthy stuff--fresh fruit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs--and skim milk is available upon request. The coffee machine was a little annoying, as it took several minutes for each cup to be brewed, so when there was a line, you had to plot your cups carefully.

The restaurant we ate at, the Thoroughbred (where the Hot Brown is served) was nice, and the server was friendly and professional. I did make the mistake of ordering a mint julep, which was obviously made from a mix and not at all tasty, but our server gladly took it back and deleted it from our bill. The Hot Brown was everything it was reputed to be--just delicious.

Unfortunately, our dinner experience was marred by the presence of a very loud, very drunk foursome who should not have been allowed in the restaurant: They were not even eating (only consuming alcohol, and plenty of it), and wearing attire far too casual for the setting (shorts, flip-flops). I marveled that none of them sported a Lion King tank top and fanny pack.... Anyway, they should have been at the bar, if in the hotel at all, and their noisy braying did not make for too lovely a dinner ambiance.

Other than that, all was fine, if not overwhelming... now that I've done the Brown I'll probably try one of the other historic hotels the next time I'm in Louisville.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank babyernie
Reviewed May 28, 2008

The hotel is very average. It is in a bad part of town. Long way away from the waterfront. I stayed 2 nights and they didn't even give me new glasses or shampoo after the first night. Save your money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank KarchK
Reviewed April 16, 2008

I stayed here for four nights in April 2008 in association with a conference that was held here, and thought this was one of the best hotels for a small conference that I've ever been to.

Some highlights:
1. Nice, comfortable rooms -- well kept, carefully attended to.
2. Great lobby/bar area -- wonderful for meeting colleagues. Lots of comfy chairs and couches and arranged in a good way for creating chance meetings with friends and colleagues.
3. Great food for luncheons, banquets -- seemed special, not just the usual "conference luncheon" fare. Yummy bread pudding and bourbon balls!
4. VERY kind and attentive staff at banquets, in rooms, for maintenance issues, etc.
5. A high-end hotel that doesn't nickel and dime you for everything -- free wireless internet throughout the hotel was a huge plus, along with free computer access for printing boarding passes. Just little things, but so often things that other high-end hotels charge for.
6. Very good airport and community shuttle service. The shuttle driver even took two of us to dinner downtown and came after us when we called! This was volunteered even though we had only requested assistance in calling a cab.

All in all, I thought the accommodations here were first-rate, but it was the friendliness of the staff and of hotel policies more generally that made this place great. Anyone considering a smallish conference (under 500 people) should definitely consider the Brown!

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank amwdew
Reviewed January 28, 2008

We booked a room at the Brown Hotel for 1-25-2008 on priceline and got a wonderful price. We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is in a wonderful area. It is close to 4th Street Live but far enough away to not hear all of the noise going on in the clubs. The valet parking people were awesome! Our check in was quick and easy and we found the staff to be very helpful. The check in desk even printed out directions for us! Our room was just average but you must remember with this hotel....it is a very old hotel. The rooms have been updated and could use a little more TLC. I don't think it is worth the full price but if you book it at a discount rate the Brown is a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jlmeek0
Reviewed January 17, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for the first time on Jan. 11, 2008, and loved it. We stayed on the club level and enjoyed the snacks, beer, and wine. The room was spacious and clean with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I did notice some very minor flaws from poor repair work, but it's an old hotel. These things should be expected. The Brown is within walking distance of The Palace and 4th Street Live. We will be staying here after every show we attend at the Palace.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple