2,228 results
All reviewslobby barclub levelhistoric hotelpiano playerberry piebell staffdowntown louisvillesouthern charmbeautiful lobbycorner roomroom was largevalet parkingan older hotelbourbon trailfourth street livechurchill downshors
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Brown by far is my favorite place to stay the character and charm of this hotel is amazing. Our room was so beautiful and comfortable and very spacious . The food is great and they have a very nice gift shop. The Brown is located in the perfect place for walking to Third street are just out site seeing .

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
BradWalker-GM, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Guest,
Always good to hear a guest say that the Brown is their “favorite place” to stay.
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your spacious room, our food and location. The Brown does have large rooms for a historic hotel – when opening in 1923 we had 600 rooms, which after a renovation was reduced to our current 293.
I would look forward to handling your reservation on a future visit to Louisville.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I reserved this hotel through Priceline and expected an average experience, but the woman at the front desk automatically upgraded me to a larger room which I found to be absolutely lovely with two full sets of windows that let a wonderful amount of light into the tastefully decorated plush room that had plenty of space for little'ol me. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Olympics on the large TV while I ate room service. Ah, those little luxeries in life. The Brown was fresh and clean, which allowed me to arrive to work fully ready for the day.

Room Tip: Trust the staff, they'll take care of you. I was upgraded and didn't even ask.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Amanda,
Thank you for the kind thoughts regarding your recent stay.
Very pleased to see that you enjoyed the “little luxuries in life” at the Brown.
Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at The Brown Hotel August 30, 2012. We received the most professional & personable service from Nathan during our check-in. We stayed on the Club Floor. The room was nice but the musty smell was a bit overwhelming at times during our stay. I realize the hotel is older so naturally there may a bit of a musty smell but I would think there would be something that could be done to reduce some of that. I live in a home that is over 100 years old & I don't experience that degree of smell. I want to commend the employee working the Club Lounge the evening of August 30th & the morning of August 31th. I am sorry to say that I didn't write her name down because she deserves to be recognized. She went out her way to keep the food & drinks replenished during the evening. She was pleasant & efficient. The morning we checked out we stopped in to grab a coffee. She encouraged us to try something from the breakfast selection. I tried the scone which was "to die for". I am not kidding. It was the most tastey breakfast treat I have had in a very, very long time. My husband enjoyed the biscuits & gravy!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Empressw

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding Nathan and our Club Lounge attendant. They were so pleased to read your remarks.
Thank you for your constructive comment regarding your guest room. Please allow me to handle your reservation on a future visit and I will ensure that we have a perfect room for you.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

On our visit to Louisville, we visited the Brown Hotel, but did not stay there. It is a beautiful hotel. We enjoyed the ornate architecture. We had lunch there and the Hot Brown lived up to it's reputation. We each had a half order for about $9.00. Each element was delicious on it's own but combined together was just divine. The hotel staff was friendly and answered our questions about the hotel. The ballroom is gorgeous and if I were going to have a wedding reception in Louisville, that would be the place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Rebecca,
Thank you for your thoughts regarding our Hot Brown. We do have guests drive from miles away to sample.
Appreciate your nice comments on our Crystal Ballroom, Louisville’s finest wedding site.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Classy looking hotel with pleasant efficient service. Front desk was very helpful with directions and recommendations for sightseeing. The lobby is elegant and you can have a light meal near the bar area. The formal restaurant was quite good with professional service and good food.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple