“A bit of old luxury in downtown Louisville” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Brown Hotel

The Brown Hotel
Ranked #3 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Bowie, Maryland, United States
“A bit of old luxury in downtown Louisville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at The Brown even though we were only there one night. The first class treatment we received from everyone we came in contact with was fantastic. We stayed on the club level and the added touches of the afternoon reception and the breakfast the next morning were both very good. Staying downtown turned out to be a better decision for us since just about everything we did in Louisville was downtown. This hotel is very centrally located. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KPR18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Brown by far is my favorite place to stay the character and charm of this hotel is amazing. Our room was so beautiful and comfortable and very spacious . The food is great and they have a very nice gift shop. The Brown is located in the perfect place for walking to Third street are just out site seeing .

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
BradWalker-GM, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Guest,
Always good to hear a guest say that the Brown is their “favorite place” to stay.
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your spacious room, our food and location. The Brown does have large rooms for a historic hotel – when opening in 1923 we had 600 rooms, which after a renovation was reduced to our current 293.
I would look forward to handling your reservation on a future visit to Louisville.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I reserved this hotel through Priceline and expected an average experience, but the woman at the front desk automatically upgraded me to a larger room which I found to be absolutely lovely with two full sets of windows that let a wonderful amount of light into the tastefully decorated plush room that had plenty of space for little'ol me. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Olympics on the large TV while I ate room service. Ah, those little luxeries in life. The Brown was fresh and clean, which allowed me to arrive to work fully ready for the day.

Room Tip: Trust the staff, they'll take care of you. I was upgraded and didn't even ask.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Amanda,
Thank you for the kind thoughts regarding your recent stay.
Very pleased to see that you enjoyed the “little luxuries in life” at the Brown.
Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance.

Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at The Brown Hotel August 30, 2012. We received the most professional & personable service from Nathan during our check-in. We stayed on the Club Floor. The room was nice but the musty smell was a bit overwhelming at times during our stay. I realize the hotel is older so naturally there may a bit of a musty smell but I would think there would be something that could be done to reduce some of that. I live in a home that is over 100 years old & I don't experience that degree of smell. I want to commend the employee working the Club Lounge the evening of August 30th & the morning of August 31th. I am sorry to say that I didn't write her name down because she deserves to be recognized. She went out her way to keep the food & drinks replenished during the evening. She was pleasant & efficient. The morning we checked out we stopped in to grab a coffee. She encouraged us to try something from the breakfast selection. I tried the scone which was "to die for". I am not kidding. It was the most tastey breakfast treat I have had in a very, very long time. My husband enjoyed the biscuits & gravy!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Empressw
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding Nathan and our Club Lounge attendant. They were so pleased to read your remarks.
Thank you for your constructive comment regarding your guest room. Please allow me to handle your reservation on a future visit and I will ensure that we have a perfect room for you.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

On our visit to Louisville, we visited the Brown Hotel, but did not stay there. It is a beautiful hotel. We enjoyed the ornate architecture. We had lunch there and the Hot Brown lived up to it's reputation. We each had a half order for about $9.00. Each element was delicious on it's own but combined together was just divine. The hotel staff was friendly and answered our questions about the hotel. The ballroom is gorgeous and if I were going to have a wedding reception in Louisville, that would be the place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebecca,
Thank you for your thoughts regarding our Hot Brown. We do have guests drive from miles away to sample.
Appreciate your nice comments on our Crystal Ballroom, Louisville’s finest wedding site.

Boca Raton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Classy looking hotel with pleasant efficient service. Front desk was very helpful with directions and recommendations for sightseeing. The lobby is elegant and you can have a light meal near the bar area. The formal restaurant was quite good with professional service and good food.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

A one night stay in this elegant, but fairly reasonably priced downtown Louisville Hotel. 149$ plus 3 diffterent taxes. Wanted to watch Olympics on reaching room (Day 1), but TV not programmed correctly, so the nice engineer needed to be summoned. Another minor technical glitch seemed to be a weak WiFi signal. The I Pad has lost connection in other hotels too, from time to time. Dim light in ample closet. Nice sized room and bath. Parking a lttle pricy @24 a night. The English Grill has a tremendous reputation, though did not have time to sample this time around. Beautiful Lobby and Lobby Bar/Lounge.

Room Tip: There are inside rooms looking out over a bare square space, not the best, but some view fourth stre...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple