“Excellent Service in the Heart of Louisville”

Hyatt Regency Louisville
Ranked #10 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
this town
“Excellent Service in the Heart of Louisville”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

the Hyatt Regency Louisville is conveniently located in downtown Louisville. Tons of terrific attractions within one block including 4th Street Live, the Convention Center, and Bistro 301. The entire staff was very helpful and accommodating. They were attentive and eager to assist. Even breakfast in the hotel restaurant was surprisingly tasty. I'm a Platinum level Hyatt Gold Passport member and was upgraded into one of the largest rooms on the property without even asking. The room was clean, cozy, well appointed, and spacious. I'll definitely stay again next time through town...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Having stayed here in the early 90's for a convention every year, I was eager to once again be going back to Louisville for another show. Much to my dismay, the rooms and lobby were a bit tired, although the rooms had been upgraded. The most annoying thing for me at a hotel- having to crawl on my hands and knees to connect a computer charger under the desk, as no desk or wall outlets were provided. My group came in one night and was laughing at a just told joke, and the night desk manager quite loudly and rudely told us to be quiet, the sound travels up and we should have some consideratin for those sleeping upstairs. The icing on the cake was $10/day internet charge.
Next year my group and i will be moving to the newer Marriott down the street. I will not, ever, crawl on the ground again at a hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Beattyville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Had to stay at this trip for a business conference. Wouldn't have chosen it otherwise. Yes, it's nice, but it's way too expensive, parking isn't free and it's a long way away, wi-fi isn't free, and should I continue? Cleanliness, etc. are all great but if you don't enjoy spending a fortune, stay somewhere else. The Econo Lodge two blocks down the street is cheaper and, if you ask me, just as nice and comfortable. But downtown Louisville is convenient to nothing except a few museums and restaurants -- the closest shopping is across the river in Indiana, or a drive of several miles out to the suburbs. If not traveling here for business, I would not stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
cincinnati
Reviewed September 5, 2010

My husband and I traveled to Louisville for one night to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We arrived earlier than planned and the staff gave us a room with a view of the city and Ohio River. The King size bed was fabulous. What made the bed special was that they covered the comforter with washable sheets. So it was wonderful laying down on the bed and not having to worry who was on it before us. The tv was great when we travel my husband likes to watch tv while I read anything I can get my hands about the area we are visiting. We would gladly stay here again. The staff was terrific and the hotel was spotless!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I was recently in Louisville for a business conference that both utilized the Hotel along with the Convention Center. Throughout the three days I was there, I encountered very attentive staff throughout along with courteous security in the evenings that encouraged other guests were quiet when coming back from 4th Street and the entertainment district. The guest room was very comfortable with calming decor and nice amenities. Just another city and hotel that has made my "need to back one a personal trip" list.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Perryville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We pulled in late in the evening after going over to the casino. The valet went in to check on the rooms and price and for $129.00 we stayed. The staff was very nice and helpful. Love the atrium. The room was nice wish we had had a better view. Thought we were going to walk to 4th street but ended up in the hotel bar with some great burgers, cold beer and some interesting travelers to talk to. Had the breakfast buffet the next moring and it was good. It includes coffee and juice. Can't tell you enough of how nice the staff was.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
Reviewed August 19, 2010

3 of us went down to Louisville for Thunder over Louisville, an annual fireworks display. Therefore the hotel was at capacity and very busy. That was to be expected. However, for the gargantuan hotel price we paid for one night we were all sorely disappointed. Very average facilities. The staff were not too extraordianary and the decor is a bit dated. The only positive I found in this hotel was the location. It is literarally a minute's walk to all of the major sites in Louisville.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends