“Great Staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashville
“Great Staff”
Reviewed March 11, 2009

We stayed here last Sat. night. Booked room through Priceline. Lovely surprise. The room was absolutely gorgeous. I'd read other reviews about the noise so I requested a room on an upper floor with a view of the river. Both requests were granted in a blink of the eye. We were on the 18th floor overlooking the Ohio River. We didn't use the parking garage as there was plenty of parking on the street during the time that we were going and coming. The metered partking was free on Sundays, but there were several $3 and $5 parking lots around the area very close to the hotel. I would absolutely love to stay here again. The only downside would be that they charge $5 to rent a fridge and/or microwave.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GloriaA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Good location, no need to go outside if you need to get to Convention Center. Lots of restaurants nearby. Taxi from airport not too bad ($17). Staff tried to please. Place was very empty. They did turndown without request. Very neat and tidy.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Central atrium design
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
GibbyLou2U
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel! You cannot beat the location and the bed is OH SO COMFY. As for the noise, I didn't notice any. If anything, I thought the room was oddly quiet considering the hotel lobby design. Staff was friendly, but not terribly professional. Parking was expensive and inconvenient though... That should be expected in a city.

• Liked — The comfy bed!!!
  • Disliked — There was nothing I didn't like about this hotel
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
bloomington, in
Reviewed November 17, 2008

I can accept that downtown hotels will never give you free wireless. What I cannot accept is that a downtown hotel is built in such a way so that hallway noise is omnipresent and intrusive. The hotel is built as a ring, with the rooms around the outside and the center open. While in some places (the Marriot in Atlanta, for example) this serves to create an impressive interior, here it just served to amplify the noise made by drunken adults into the wee hours of the morning. Combine that with a hotel worker cleaning out the ice maker 2 doors down at 6:30am, and we're talking not enough sleep.

Other than that, the hotel room, size of room bed, and furnishings were acceptable. I agree with other reviewers who said that the front desk staff were competent but not inspired. The pool (on the 4th floor and with no signage in the hotel) is quite nice, especially in the morning, thanks to the large windows.

Overall, not up to the Hyatt brand. I wouldn't pay more than 60-70 for this room.

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — noisy
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, ON
Reviewed October 1, 2008

This hotel is like every other Hyatt. Clean, well decorated, and comfortable. There is nothing special about it to seperate it from all the other Hyatt's I've been to, but that is not a complaint. It has everything I want in a hotel, and I only paid $54 on Priceline.

The only complaint I do have is that one of the nighttime front desk staff members was extremely rude. And not just rude to me, but to other people during different days of the stay. I hope he is let go sooner then later, but one bad employee has no impact on the rest of my stay, or my rating for this hotel.

The other thing worth mentioning is that this hotel is located right at the corner of 4th Street Live. It's nice to be so close to your room after going out in the evening. You really couldn't be in a better location.

If you can't afford one of the historic Louisville hotels like The Brown, the Hyatt is a great modern choice.

• Liked — Great location.
  • Disliked — One very rude staff member.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rrakoczy
jamie8138
Reviewed September 28, 2008

I went to stay at the Hyatt when I went on a school trip for the State Academic team competition. I went with my coach and another student also competing in the Individual FPS. I as a teenager really liked the hotel. I had a room that was connected by a door to my coaches room. My friend and I stayed in the room with two beds. The carpet was a little better than most hotels you see today. Not very grimy but not very soft. In the hotel hallways it was like any other hotel. The carpet was kinda grimy and gross. It was even worse in the main hallways near the chek-in desk. (I take the carpet into notice at any hotel I go to, it kinda grosses me out when its grimy and sticky.) The bathroom in the room was okay, pretty average. All through the night, there was much noise coming from the lobby. My coach laid a towel against the door to muffle some of the sound in her room. My friend and I didnt mind, we are teenagers, we are used to the noise or making the noise! haha The beds were vey soft, the best Ive ever seen in a hotel. There was also an iHome (which was very useful since mine and my friends iPod had a low battery. We had a 3 1/2 hour drive to Louisville from our home town so the iPod was used for about 3 hours of the way!) We had a GREAT view from our room. It was great to see the lights from our room. The Hyatt I stayed in was connected to the Galt House by a long bridge. The walk between the rooms was awful since we had so much luggage to carry. I would recommend luggage with wheels if you plan to walk to the Galt House. (We walked this any times since our competition was in the Galt House.) You are supplied with coffee and tea to make if you please. Also, there is a desk and a tv in the room. Over all I like the hotel, it was so far the best hotel Ive stayed in. There are few cons to staying here, but the pros definately out-weight them!

• Liked — My excellent view!
  • Disliked — The carpet.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
Cape Cod
Reviewed September 20, 2008

We just returned from a stay at the Hyatt for the Ryder Cup. The hotel was great! We booked a king room which overlooked 4th Street. The bed was comfortable with lots and lots of pillows. The staff was great. We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning, and you could either eat from the menu or have the buffet. The bar was cozy too. They also had an internet room with two computers.

The hotel is in a great location! Fourth Street Live is directly to your left as you walk out the main entrance and it is within easy walking distance to many great restaurants (as well as Louisville Slugger factory).

The parking garage is attached to the hotel, and it is very affordable. We had our ticket validated, and it cost $30 for four days.

If I ever return to Louisville, I will definitely stay here again. This hotel was in the perfect location and the staff was great!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple