New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hyatt Regency Louisville
Ranked #13 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Not up to a Hyatt standard”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Great location, nice view from room but floor smelled of smoke. They would not let us change rooms so we left. For a hyatt, not up to par! Rooms a bit outdated And it's very loud Inside as it's open air style construction leads to higher noise level

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Extremely nice room. Very clean. Great location! In a downtown area with parks and lots of great restaurants and shops. Enclosed walkway attaching several hotel. This was convenient for us, but with great weather, not a huge issue. In winter or inclement weather, it would be a wonderful asset. The surrounding area was attractive, clean and felt safe. We were about three blocks from the riverfront.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is a pretty good hotel -- about what you'd expect from a Hyatt. It`s older, and has been refurbished, so the bathrooms are a tad small, but otherwise quite fine. I don`t think I`ve ever stayed in a hotel staffed by such happy people, every one of whom seemed willing to accommodate every request. The coffee shop is, as expected, quite pricy, but there`s a bagel shop in the lobby for breakfast. There was a pile of trash beside the elevators on our floor when we arrived. and it was still there untouched when we left four days later, which is somewhat disappointing.

Room Tip: Other reviews suggested getting a room away from the street, but we visited several other rooms in t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while working a conference at the convention center and found the hotel to be very nice. It was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and I found everything else about the room to be more than adequate. I liked the 24 hour gym facility. It is a little small, but since it is open 24 hours I was able to get in early and beat the 6 to 7 am crowd. They had a good variety of machines. 4th street was loud on both Saturday nights during my stay, but not so loud that I couldn't sleep. Also, the closeness to 4th Street is part of the convenience of the hotel, after all. We dined in Sway downstairs and really enjoyed the meal and service. It was next door to the convention center which was also a great plus.

Honestly, since it wasn't on my dime, I can't say a single bad thing about my visit. However, if I was paying, I would have been highly annoyed to have to pay for wifi. But again, I was overall very happy with my experience, and I hope I get placed there again next year.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight 7/25. My wife called day of stay and got reservation. She took reservation as they had available a single room with two queen beds, which she booked. I am gold card member with Hyatt. We only took this reservation to avoid getting two adjoining rooms at different hotel. Well long story short we arrived for stay with family in tow only to find that only room available was king. My wife informed front desk that she had been guaranteed room with two queens earlier in day and that's why she accepted reservation. Check in informed us they were"fully committed" and no twins were available. It was late and did not want to argue.they offered two rollaways. So took room. Service then delivered two foam mats that they placed in floor as no rollaways were available! Said they had been out of rollaways for over two hrs! Just tried to make do. Two people on floor and two in bed. Air conditioning on and off all night sounded like jet engine running. Needless to say sleepless night. I do not appreciate poor service or bait and switch, just to fill rooms!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank lewispwes
The Dirty South
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Let me start by saying, the staff at this hotel and the restaruarnt Sway were wonderful. The hotel and rooms were always clean. I have zero complaints about any of the staff or amenities. While a bit dated in style (looks like early 1980s Atrium-style hotel like many Embassy Suites), it was updated with modern decor.

Here's my peeve: the AC in our room sucked monkey nuts. If I'm spending more than $150 at a hotel, the AC had better reach ice box temps if I want it to. There's nothing worse than getting out of a shower and walking into a warm clammy room. That's exactly what happened in our room.

The "thermostat" wasn't really a thermostat at all. You set the temperature you want, but it doesn't display the actual room temperature (nice little mental trick there). I set it to 56 all weekend, and it never got below about 73-74 degrees. I can't say more exactly, but it was warmer and more humid than my house, which I keep at those temps in the daytime. Worse than that, I don't think it was pulling the humidity out of the room. The floor felt wet to your feet, as did the bed sheets. It clearly was not working properly, and a comment to the staff resulted in no improvement (they came to the room, I think, and set the temp to 64: no change).

I can understand (maybe) if it it unseasonably hot outside and the units can't keep up, but during our stay, it was 75-83 outside the entire weekend.

Also, the toilet barely flushed water down the drain, let alone toilet paper. Finally, the plastic/fiberglass shower/tub felt like the floor was going to give out.

We really enjoyed our stay in Louisville, and would have enjoyed a perfect weekend. We'll be back to Louisville, but not to the Hyatt. There are cheaper hotels closer to our destination that can't possibly have worse utilities.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 1208
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bedford OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Especially 4th Street Live. We stayed here for a wedding and found it fun to be on the next block from a very alive area of music and fun. Close driving distance from Churchill Downs, Louisville Slugger Museum and other attractions. Nice hotel, bagel shop and restaurant on site. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance. Bathroom is a little small, but has lots of counter space. The rest of the room could use more light. Our room was not ready when we got there, so they gave us an upgrade to a larger room - it was worth the wait. We got our exercise walking from our room to the parking garage! I'd stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends