1,610 results
All reviewsgreat locationconvention centersway restaurantfourth street livewithin walking distancenice hotelparking garagehotel restaurantself parkrestaurants and barsheart of downtownyum centerbusiness tripking roomfront desk staffthe room was nicebed was comfortable
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel has been remodeled, but there are some remaining unmodernized elements like bathtubs and tile. The rooms are spacious. The location is fairly central so that city sightseeing is within walking distance, and the visitor's center is right next door. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sally L
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great if you're in town for a Louisville basketball game or need easy access to the convention center - or you're just exploring Louisville! In the middle of their downtown area, just a block away from 4th Street Live which is a fun, albeit tourist-y, bar area complete with the PBR Bar and its mechanical bull. A lot of dining options in the area and walking distance to the KFC Yum Center.
Rooms are nice - what you expect for the price - the bathrooms are clean and the towels were fluffy. No robes but we called for them and they came right away. If you have AAA membership (and other applicable memberships), the breakfast buffet at Sway will be free and it will be delicious and you can have pancakes or waffles (maybe eggs too) made to order. There is also a bar that I did not frequent but the boys did and they quite enjoyed it so perhaps worth checking out.
It was a bit loud sometimes in the hallways at night and it didn't bother me but it might bother others. You can valet or you can self park - the Hyatt will give you a little card with directions (Turn right on 4th, right on Market, right on 3rd, right on Jefferson, take immediate left into Hotel Parking entrance). A lot of one ways as can be expected in downtown areas.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Louisville several times and feel the need to share the pros and cons of my many stays.

PROs
Location: If you are going to Louisville to take advantage of 4th St. Live and other downtown attractions, this is the perfect hotel for you. It is situated a block away from where the street gets closed off for concerts, a variety of restaurants, etc, which means you can either walk right out your door to the action or even see quite a bit from your room if you're on that side of the hotel. If you don't like noise, ask when you're checking in if there will be a concert. If so, ask for a room facing the other direction.

Customer Service: Hyatt is usually good in this area, but Louisville tops them all. Whether it was a room request, a parking issue, a restaurant suggestion, or just a friendly welcome back at the end of a long day, this Hyatt crew was amazing. The people in my large group felt the same way.

The Rooms: As always, the Hyatt bed is firm and comfortable with ample plump pillows, and most of the rooms have great views of either the city or the river. They have positioned the bed in many of the rooms to face the window, which provided for me a glorious sunrise to wake up to in the morning. It was a clean, though sparsely furnished room.

CONs:
The Rooms: I tend to judge a hotel by the bathrooms, and while this Hyatt has done its best to renovate within the parameters given (it's not a new hotel), there are a couple of things they could improve. Mainly, they could provide better towels. I was surprised by the thinness of the towels provided for me, especially since most Hyatts have upgraded in this area. The shower is in an older tub with an older shower head, but the water pressure was fine, even on the top floor, and it was clean. This is no fault of this particular Hyatt, but the amenities provided are Hyatt's new-ish scent, which smells much like the soap from a roadside motel. No longer do they have the distinctive White Ginger products. Bring your own soap if you can. They do provide toothpaste, and they brought me a robe upon request.

About the room, I mentioned before that it was sparsely furnished. With the new bed arrangement, there is a massive area with nothing. It feels empty, not homey. Their chairs, both desk and arm, were older and worn. They would be fine in most hotels, but this is a Hyatt Regency.

The Small Things: As a Hyatt Regency, it should have a Regency Club. But it doesn't. If it does, it wasn't offered. Instead, they do offer snacks and drinks every afternoon in the lobby, which is a nice touch.

Not such a small thing is the missing jacuzzi. They used to have one but took it out. It's nice to sit in a hot tub after a long day out on the town. Others in my large group were similarly disappointed.

I would also expect a large downtown hotel to have a spa of some kind. I wanted to book a massage, as I do most of the time I stay at a Hyatt, but the option was not available. I had to drive six miles away.

It's the little things that differentiate a luxury hotel from just a hotel. And the Hyatt Regency is just a hotel, albeit a good one. I would definitely recommend it. I have stayed there multiple times and will stay there again. It is clean, comfortable, convenient, and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank elizarenn
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here and we had the best service and the room was really nice! I'll definitely stay here again. I booked the hypoallergenic room and had no issues with my allergies. This was my boyfriends first time in Louisville and he wants to stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Good place to stay convenient to the downtown area, rooms are big enough, comfortable bed and able to sleep without outside or inside noises heard! By odd circumstance this was my 3rd trip to Louisville in a year, stayed at various hotels in that area and By Far this was the best. Very accommodating staff in lobby, valet service and restaurant, food good and reasonably priced. Would certainly stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends