1,634 results
All reviews great location convention center sway restaurant fourth street live within walking distance nice hotel parking garage hotel restaurant self park restaurants and bars heart of downtown yum center business trip king room front desk staff the room was nice bed was comfortable
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here and we had the best service and the room was really nice! I'll definitely stay here again. I booked the hypoallergenic room and had no issues with my allergies. This was my boyfriends first time in Louisville and he wants to stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Good place to stay convenient to the downtown area, rooms are big enough, comfortable bed and able to sleep without outside or inside noises heard! By odd circumstance this was my 3rd trip to Louisville in a year, stayed at various hotels in that area and By Far this was the best. Very accommodating staff in lobby, valet service and restaurant, food good and reasonably priced. Would certainly stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2014

While it can be a little confusing about where to pull up to valet your car - it's in the back parking garage, not the front door - everything else about our stay was exceptional. And valet isn't as crucial here; you can self park in the attached garage for only $10/day, with several other parking garages closeby.

As soon as we walked into the hotel we were greeted and made to feel right at home. I would give the front desk check-in 4 out of 5 stars. Still not bad, they were sold out so I'll cut the agent some slack. The lobby is very comfortable, and inviting.

We had Suite 1815 on the very top floor. It was more than what we could have possibly expected. Sweeping views of downtown and the Ohio River. Comfortable bedroom and soaking tub - I didn't want to get out of the bed OR the tub. Comfortable office space with generous amount of plugs. Comfortable living room with excellent Bose surround sound speakers. If we could have figured out how to plug our smart phone into this to play music it would have been even better. Very nice dining room & kitchen.

On the plus side, the Keurig coffeemaker with carousel of K-cups was perfect. The comfortable bed and pillows have me yearning to go back tomorrow. The kitchen was fully equipped with a cook top, fridge, microwave and toaster - but no oven.

Couple of MINOR quibbles - I would have liked to have had a couple of robes. Other comparable suites provide them. They could have been laid out at turn down service. WiFi service faded on and off, and it was sometimes difficult to do work when the wireless connection would go down. The signal was slowest at the office desk, and strongest in the bar. So, I just moved my work to the bar. The kitchen drain had a paperclip in it, and there were crumbs in the bottom of the toaster. The freezer trays already had ice in them. I would prefer to make my own ice. But all of those issues were very MINOR to me. This was a 5 Star experience for me, and I'm anxious to return.

My compliments to the valet, who was extremely helpful with directions, and courteous. This hotel knows how to provide exceptional service and you can tell that from interacting with anyone that works here.

Room Tip: To valet your car, pull into the parking garage behind the hotel. Sign reads "Hyatt Parking."
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The day had finally arrived. We haven't been to Louisville in a couple of years and were ready for a nice night out and a place to sleep afterwards. We normally stay at Hyatt's whenever possible because of the ambiance and great beds. The Hyatt Regency Louisville did not disappoint. Directions to the hotel were easy to follow and parking was not a major issue considering it's in Downtown. When we arrived at the main entrance on 4th street, it was a pleasant surprise to find the hotel was located right at 4th Street Live. Which is a collection of restaurants, bars and local entertainment. And it was only 2 blocks from the KFC Yum Center where the concert was being held. We chose to self park in the garage to save a few dollars but, valet service was ready and available. From the moment I checked in the staff treated me like a VIP. Or at least that's how I felt. It's a large lobby with the front desk almost hidden behind the glass elevator. That was no problem though. The front desk agent greeted me and lead me to the desk for check-in where we were sent on our way to the VIP suite we reserved on the 18th floor. The elevator ride was smooth and quick, even though they were sold out. We entered the suite and were immediately impressed with the warm, cozy southern inspired decor. The living area had a dining table, a couch, occasional chair, well arranged tables, with a 42" TV and Bose surround sound system, a fully stocked kitchen, and a Keurig brewer with endless supply of complimentary K-Cups. There was also a bathroom with a walk-in shower. The sleeping area had a King size Grand Bed and a soaking tub, with a work table and another 42" TV. And the view was great from all angles. We could see Downtown, and the river. We needed to use the Wi-FI and was able to connect immediately with no drop offs during our stay. Always a plus. After settling in, we decided to get some groceries for a little snack later. We tried the GPS and found nothing. When we got back to the hotel we asked the valet about dining options and he had a full map of the area and some really great suggestions. Then when we entered the hotel another staff member from the Sale office greeted us and asked if she could help. We asked for directions to a store and she was more than happy to assist. The hotel also has an interactive map in the lobby if you don't want to ask. We gathered our groceries and head, just a block, back to the hotel to prepare for the evening. The rain possibility was high and we were concerned about getting caught in a storm on our way to the concert. No problem though. The hotel is connected via sky walk to the convention center across the street and the center is connected to another hotel with yet another sky walk to the concert venue. Talk about convenient! Well, we enjoyed and headed back to the hotel about 11PM. The front desk greeted us as we boarded the elevator. This time we had to use our room card to access the elevator. After 11PM it's nice to know there is this extra added security. Got to the room and had the most comfortable nights sleep. The next day we had to meet up with friends for lunch but, check-out was 11AM. The front desk offered a late check-out which allowed us to visit our friends in a timely manner. When we did finally check-out, the clerk was, once again, quick and courteous and made us feel like we were welcomed back anytime.If you're looking for great stay while visiting the Derby City, be sure to make a reservation for the Hyatt Regency Louisville where Southern Hospitality is truly at it's best.

Room Tip: Great location. All rooms offer a great view of the city. Higher up rooms will offer a more panoramic view though.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My stay here went well - I wasn't wow-ed but I wasn't disappointed either. I don't typically stay at Hyatt chain hotels but would return if I had to visit Louisville again. It's in a great location in the heart of downtown Louisville with plenty of venues within walking distance. The hotel restaurant, Sway, offers a great breakfast buffet but I'd avoid ordering room service as it's way overpriced and my selection was not that great. The room itself was quite spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business