1,629 results
All reviews great location convention center sway restaurant fourth street live within walking distance nice hotel parking garage hotel restaurant self park restaurants and bars heart of downtown yum center business trip king room front desk staff the room was nice bed was comfortable
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The day had finally arrived. We haven't been to Louisville in a couple of years and were ready for a nice night out and a place to sleep afterwards. We normally stay at Hyatt's whenever possible because of the ambiance and great beds. The Hyatt Regency Louisville did not disappoint. Directions to the hotel were easy to follow and parking was not a major issue considering it's in Downtown. When we arrived at the main entrance on 4th street, it was a pleasant surprise to find the hotel was located right at 4th Street Live. Which is a collection of restaurants, bars and local entertainment. And it was only 2 blocks from the KFC Yum Center where the concert was being held. We chose to self park in the garage to save a few dollars but, valet service was ready and available. From the moment I checked in the staff treated me like a VIP. Or at least that's how I felt. It's a large lobby with the front desk almost hidden behind the glass elevator. That was no problem though. The front desk agent greeted me and lead me to the desk for check-in where we were sent on our way to the VIP suite we reserved on the 18th floor. The elevator ride was smooth and quick, even though they were sold out. We entered the suite and were immediately impressed with the warm, cozy southern inspired decor. The living area had a dining table, a couch, occasional chair, well arranged tables, with a 42" TV and Bose surround sound system, a fully stocked kitchen, and a Keurig brewer with endless supply of complimentary K-Cups. There was also a bathroom with a walk-in shower. The sleeping area had a King size Grand Bed and a soaking tub, with a work table and another 42" TV. And the view was great from all angles. We could see Downtown, and the river. We needed to use the Wi-FI and was able to connect immediately with no drop offs during our stay. Always a plus. After settling in, we decided to get some groceries for a little snack later. We tried the GPS and found nothing. When we got back to the hotel we asked the valet about dining options and he had a full map of the area and some really great suggestions. Then when we entered the hotel another staff member from the Sale office greeted us and asked if she could help. We asked for directions to a store and she was more than happy to assist. The hotel also has an interactive map in the lobby if you don't want to ask. We gathered our groceries and head, just a block, back to the hotel to prepare for the evening. The rain possibility was high and we were concerned about getting caught in a storm on our way to the concert. No problem though. The hotel is connected via sky walk to the convention center across the street and the center is connected to another hotel with yet another sky walk to the concert venue. Talk about convenient! Well, we enjoyed and headed back to the hotel about 11PM. The front desk greeted us as we boarded the elevator. This time we had to use our room card to access the elevator. After 11PM it's nice to know there is this extra added security. Got to the room and had the most comfortable nights sleep. The next day we had to meet up with friends for lunch but, check-out was 11AM. The front desk offered a late check-out which allowed us to visit our friends in a timely manner. When we did finally check-out, the clerk was, once again, quick and courteous and made us feel like we were welcomed back anytime.If you're looking for great stay while visiting the Derby City, be sure to make a reservation for the Hyatt Regency Louisville where Southern Hospitality is truly at it's best.

Room Tip: Great location. All rooms offer a great view of the city. Higher up rooms will offer a more panoramic view though.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My stay here went well - I wasn't wow-ed but I wasn't disappointed either. I don't typically stay at Hyatt chain hotels but would return if I had to visit Louisville again. It's in a great location in the heart of downtown Louisville with plenty of venues within walking distance. The hotel restaurant, Sway, offers a great breakfast buffet but I'd avoid ordering room service as it's way overpriced and my selection was not that great. The room itself was quite spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here for a graduation that was happening at the convention center. It is a well located hotel, right in the center of everything. Lots of dinning and night life options very close by, in easy walking distance. Super convenient to the convention center with a walkway over to it.

My husband liked the check-in kiosk so we could check ourselves in. There was someone nearby for questions. We didn't have any issues. The staff was friendly as well as most people we interacted with in general.

Our room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The king bed was also comfortable and toiletries were of good quality. I enjoyed the view of the city happening right below us (we were on the 6th floor).

We had one maintenance issue, the toilet overflowed at 3 am. Thank goodness it was clean water! They were up quickly to get it fixed and cleaned up. The other thing I missed with the room was the ability to plug in my phone by the bed. There were plenty of outlets over by the desk, but not convenient and I didn't want to crawl behind the bed to find the light to use that plug. My last complaint would be the expensive wifi. We ended up just using our phones for what we needed rather than pay. I'm not sure why the more expensive a hotel is, the more the wifi costs, but that's every where in general, not just here.

Overall we had a great time with friends and that's what this weekend was all about.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was a nice property with very good customer service and a great location. The rooms are comfortable, if a bit older. The bathroom is pretty small. We had issues working the TV but did not ask the personnel to fix, so that was our own problem. Only major annoyance with the room was that there are no outlets on the lamps or anywhere near the nightstands. There was only a power strip at the desk where we charged our phones.

As a Diamond member, breakfast is free at the restaurant within reasonable limits. I did the buffet, which is pretty limited - so I would recommend ordering from the menu instead. Boyfriend got some vegetable poached egg dish that he really enjoyed. Service at the restaurant was good as well. When we checked out, they had forgotten to strike the charge but did so quickly with no issues.

Otherwise, it was just a minutes' walk away from 4th Street Live, a variety of bars and food options on 2nd street that we took advantage of (O'Shea's Pub, SideBar, Troll Pub), CVS Pharmacy, and some convenient fast food (Chipotle, Qdoba, Jamba Juice, etc).

Overall would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for River View, it was nothing special and frankly I would've preferred the city view. River is too far away to see anything pretty.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We actually booked through Hotwire.com and wound up at the Hyatt Regency downtown Louisville. It was a great location. Walking distance to restaurants and river. It was a quiet hotel. We did try the hotel restaurant Sway for breakfast. It can be a bit pricey but the breakfast buffet was great. In addition to what they had out, you could order pancakes, waffles and eggs freshly made. We had an excellent experience.

• Stayed: May 2014