1,611 results
All reviewsgreat locationconvention centersway restaurantfourth street livewithin walking distancenice hotelparking garagehotel restaurantself parkrestaurants and barsheart of downtownyum centerbusiness tripking roomfront desk staffthe room was nicebed was comfortable
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here for a graduation that was happening at the convention center. It is a well located hotel, right in the center of everything. Lots of dinning and night life options very close by, in easy walking distance. Super convenient to the convention center with a walkway over to it.

My husband liked the check-in kiosk so we could check ourselves in. There was someone nearby for questions. We didn't have any issues. The staff was friendly as well as most people we interacted with in general.

Our room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The king bed was also comfortable and toiletries were of good quality. I enjoyed the view of the city happening right below us (we were on the 6th floor).

We had one maintenance issue, the toilet overflowed at 3 am. Thank goodness it was clean water! They were up quickly to get it fixed and cleaned up. The other thing I missed with the room was the ability to plug in my phone by the bed. There were plenty of outlets over by the desk, but not convenient and I didn't want to crawl behind the bed to find the light to use that plug. My last complaint would be the expensive wifi. We ended up just using our phones for what we needed rather than pay. I'm not sure why the more expensive a hotel is, the more the wifi costs, but that's every where in general, not just here.

Overall we had a great time with friends and that's what this weekend was all about.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was a nice property with very good customer service and a great location. The rooms are comfortable, if a bit older. The bathroom is pretty small. We had issues working the TV but did not ask the personnel to fix, so that was our own problem. Only major annoyance with the room was that there are no outlets on the lamps or anywhere near the nightstands. There was only a power strip at the desk where we charged our phones.

As a Diamond member, breakfast is free at the restaurant within reasonable limits. I did the buffet, which is pretty limited - so I would recommend ordering from the menu instead. Boyfriend got some vegetable poached egg dish that he really enjoyed. Service at the restaurant was good as well. When we checked out, they had forgotten to strike the charge but did so quickly with no issues.

Otherwise, it was just a minutes' walk away from 4th Street Live, a variety of bars and food options on 2nd street that we took advantage of (O'Shea's Pub, SideBar, Troll Pub), CVS Pharmacy, and some convenient fast food (Chipotle, Qdoba, Jamba Juice, etc).

Overall would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for River View, it was nothing special and frankly I would've preferred the city view. River is too far away to see anything pretty.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We actually booked through Hotwire.com and wound up at the Hyatt Regency downtown Louisville. It was a great location. Walking distance to restaurants and river. It was a quiet hotel. We did try the hotel restaurant Sway for breakfast. It can be a bit pricey but the breakfast buffet was great. In addition to what they had out, you could order pancakes, waffles and eggs freshly made. We had an excellent experience.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 28, 2014

can't beat the location of this hotel. It is a little dated but still a beautiful hotel. The atrium is stunning. If you are there with a group, grab the VIP suite. It makes a wonderful place to talk and play cards. The extra room was well worth it

Room Tip: VIP suite for a group
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt from May 15th - 18th, 2014. We poured through reviews and felt that we would pay the slower price for the Hyatt vs. a slightly higher price for several of the more well known downtown Louisville hotels.

We arrived to town later (roughly 10pm), the property appeared to only have one person staffing the hotel. Check-in was quick, however the front desk also had to arrange valet as no one was staffing the front valet stand. While assistance from the front desk was offered for our luggage (which was substantial) no one was readily available to help (he would have to call for them).

We were on the 14th floor, and had a good view looking towards the river, however our room seemed to have a weird smell (our fault for not addressing with the hotel during our visit - however given that the room had an air purifier I assume that the hotel was already aware of the issue - yes...I understand what assumptions can create). The rooms were dated (appeared that the last room refresh was 10+ years ago), with the bathrooms being quite small. While I am very tall, my wife is 5'7" and the shower head was eye level for her. Also, it was tough when we were getting ready as the only mirrors in the room were in the restroom and on the sliding closet doors (which were not positioned to truly use as the doors faced the apposing wall, roughly 4 feet away).

I was impressed by the quality of the bed - we both slept very well and thank hotel for placing us on a higher floor with a view (we didn't pay for either). The hotel is centrally located to numerous restaurants and bars. We found the hotel bar to be a great late night location for a final cocktail.

If I were to visit Louisville again, I would try other hotels in their downtown UNLESS they were completely price prohibitive. For the price we paid for the Hyatt, I would have expected a little more.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better, also request a view of the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple