1,634 results
All reviews great location convention center sway restaurant fourth street live within walking distance nice hotel parking garage hotel restaurant self park restaurants and bars heart of downtown yum center business trip king room front desk staff the room was nice bed was comfortable
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt for a Chive meetup the weekend of May 10. The front desk staff were so kind to us, I believe the gentleman who checked me in was named Jason (?). He and his coworker were extremely welcoming and humorous. The room itself was very nice, and the beds were so comfortable. The iPhone docking station was perfect for when my friends and I wanted to listen to our music while getting ready.
The hotel has a beautiful lobby, and is conveniently located half a block from the entrance to 4th Street Live, which was perfect for when I had to stumble back to my nice, quiet room.
I called down for a fridge, and was happy to hear the they are complimentary, and it was delivered promptly. There is also an Einstein Bros. Bagel shop in the lobby. One of my friends got a smoked salmon bagel, and the person who made the bagel put an aggressive amount of salmon on it--it was perfect!
I will absolutely stay here again when in Louisville.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We had paid extra for a river view room, well we got a slight view from the 15th floor. It should say "roof top view". The walls are paper thin. I heard the person in the next room drop the toilet seat and the road noise was also terrible. The worst part was that our room was right across from the elevators and all night long all you could hear was the motors running it up and down. At 1:30 a.m. I called the front desk to request a different room for our 2nd night and he seemed bothered that I had called but did say that someone would call in the morning. There is no refrigerator and the fan for the heating/ac is right above the headboard so we couldn't even turn that on to block out the noise. When your staying at a Hyatt Regency and paying $170+ per night shouldn't you expect a nice quiet room with all the amenities or is it just me? Not a do over, I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express that are nicer than this. I say stay elsewhere for less and spend the money for a taxi if you want the 4th street experience ..

Room Tip: The noise from that lobby carries up the center of the hotel and since all the rooms are around the center atrium I think you will have noise anywhere. If you do stay be specific in requesting a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank redz4me
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Regency in Louisville. We were welcomed by professional and friendly front desk staff and offered a glass of champagne. They were very accommodating, we were able to check in early and check out late without charge. The rooms were large and.clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Everyone was helpful and polite. The location of the hotel couldn't be better. Would definitely stay at the Hyatt Regency again if we ever return to Louisville.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I and many corporate guests stayed at the Hyatt for Derby weekend this year. While the staff of the hotel itself were all very professional and accomodating, our experience was tarnished by an experience in the recently renovated lobby bar. My husband and I were entertaining guests and upon their departure, were left with a bill that was nearly $100 more than we expected. I suppose the waitress felt she could pull one over on us because we were enteraining and charged us $75 / shot for a specific bourbon. We contested the bill (our guests had already left) and she became condescending and rude, insisting that even though never being informed she had 'upgraded' the bourbon and never being told the cost, we should have known this. Unbelievable. I travel quite a bit and am in Louisville very frequently and have never expereinced such poor service. I most certainly would not return to the Hyatt for this reason.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank worldtravellerinTX
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed here the weekend of the Derby. Despite the fact that it is an unbelievably busy weekend, we had great service the entire time. Every single staff member went out of their way to really make our weekend perfect. When we checked in on Thursday, our TV wasn't working. It was late so we waited until the next day to say something. Not only was it immediately fixed, but they also took $50 off of our bill without us even having to ask. Stuff happens. To me, what makes a great hotel is when they go out of their way to take care of any issues. We will definitely be back for the 2015 Derby.

Room Tip: There are hotel rooms literally across from the elevators. I would request a room ahead of time that is far away from that spot.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple