1,612 results
All reviewsgreat locationconvention centersway restaurantfourth street livewithin walking distancenice hotelparking garagehotel restaurantself parkrestaurants and barsheart of downtownyum centerbusiness tripking roomfront desk staffthe room was nicebed was comfortable
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is a great hotel for downtown convenience. Close to 4th Street Live, the Yum Center and the Louisville Slugger Museum. Our room had a view of downtown and the river. Very clean, friendly staff and check-in was quick and easy. We were in town for a concert and they even offered us a Margarita since it was for. Jimmy Buffet concert. Beds were comfortable, plenty of towels too!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view but be sure to request a room away from the elevators!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debby456
Reviewed January 12, 2014

To start, we booked this hotel blindly on Hotwire. We wanted to stay in downtown Louisville so we could just stay one evening after a Brad Paisley Concert at the Yum Center! I was surprised to get such a great rate. It is ideally located directly in front of 4th Street Live and on the LWalk system in downtown Louisville. Parking was probably the worst part for me. They charge for parking which is par for the course in the area but parking garage was city owned, dirty, ran down, in poor repair, and felt slightly nervous to leave a car in there. However, I found a good spot and it was fine. The room itself is laid out different but large. Bed was very comfortable. The hotel does show age if you look carefully especially in the bathroom but it was all clean and nice. We had trouble getting our room cool enough in the evening to sleep but luckily the engineering department could remotely cool the room which made it very comfortable to sleep. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. We truly enjoyed our stay there and would consider it for future endeavors.

Room Tip: Get a high floor viewing the river.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable atmosphere, great food friendly staff who has been there a long time. Within walking distance to restaurants and nightlife. Comfortable rooms but toilets are very low so if you have difficulty get a handicap room.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The hotel is right across the street from 4th street live. The street scene there has plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.
If you like bourbon you are definitely in the right place. If you like baseball the Louisville slugger bat factory is right around the corner.

Room Tip: Try to face fourth street. I stayed in 715. Not too high with a great view of down town.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Spent another great weekend at the Louisville Hyatt. I stay often as my Army Reserve Unit is located at Fort Knox. This past weekend the hotel had a power outage from a blown transformer down the block and lost power and had to re-locate all of the guests. Being in the Army for 34 years, I watch from a distance how their team handled this crisis while only running on emergency generators. I would give them a score of ten out of ten. They were extremely courteous and professional to all guests and I saw very few guests that were upset, only because of the approach of the entire team. The safety and comfort of the guests was clearly foremost of their minds The front desk staff is the best of any hotel chain I have ever stayed at, and Kathy and Linda in the restaurant and nothing short of amazing. My wife has fought a battle with cancer for the past seven months and at least ten10 Hyatt Employees asked me how she was doing and were looking forward to seeing her soon. Trust me, they will!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business