“Way way way overpriced”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Davis, California
“Way way way overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is definitely a convention hotel. The hotel is right around the corner from 4th Street, which is great if you are here because you have to be here, on business, and want to blow off some steam. And there must be plenty of convention business, because the rates- ouch. The room was nice, the lobby was nice. Everything was nice, but for the price, it should have been Wow.

Room Tip: You have to pay extra for a view of the river. But since you are far away from the river, wish in hi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Princeton, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on Saturday night after attending the U of L football game. Hotel was great in my opinion! We were on the 18th (top) floor. It was very quiet, except during the thunderstorms in the early morning. We booked with the 35th anniversary rate. I knew we were getting a break on the room price, but were pleasantly surprised when we were told upon check in , that our rate also allowed us $35 in hotel freebies! Bar, here we come!! lol.. our super nice desk clerk, Brian, allowed us early check in and comped our breakfast in the restaurant for the next morning! Everyone, from the desk to the bartender to the valets were super nice! Location is superb too! Oh, and the beds were excellent!! So comfyl! We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
New Castle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed the weekend at the Hyatt. Hotel was very nice. Parking is kind of a pain- most of the roads are a one way street so if you don't find the entrance to the parking garage you have to go out of your way to get where you need to be.

Rooms were very clean. Recently updated. Check in and out was very easy. You can go to staff member or just check right into a computer that gives you your room key.

Hotel is right next to fourth street live. Very nice if you're looking for night entertainment. My husband and step son were with me. We walked to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner one night.

The only negative thing I can say about the hotel is that the bar is on the ground floor and the hotel is round and very tall. Therefore, if you are trying to get a good night sleep, the people from the bar are so loud that you would be able to. We had an 8 hour drive ahead of us so we wanted to go to bed around 11pm. The voices from the bar echoed up into our room. Other than that, it was a great stay.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Amber H
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've stayed here several times and I've had a great experience every single time. The view from my room was great and the bed was very comfortable. I can't compliment the friendly staff enough! The bartenders absolutely rock as well! I would go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel has obviously been renovated, but there is nothing special about it. Bedding seemed odd, non-fitted sheets slide off. TV did not work well with a laptop. Power sockets were too loose, a power charger would not stay in. Windows are single pane so room is cold this time of year, and the crappy pop music from the smashburger across the street was clearly audible on the 7th floor from late until morning. Housekeeping was done late in the day. Pool area was lame, and no jacuzzi. Ice machine froze up after a 1/3 bucket was filled. Ironing board was stained, iron dribbled and did not steam. After four days here I suppose I am longing for home's comforts.

The catered meeting room food was average at best. Best part was the conference theater I presented in. Great A/V and conference space. Conference wifi was a fail, it could not support a conference our size.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Daniel A
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Got here about 45 minutes early and had a glass of wine at the bar at the entrance. "J" was my bartender and I'm pretty sure we are now best friends. She taught me more about Cabernet in 30 minutes than I've learned in my life! She was very professional but also very friendly! Even if I was not a guest of the hotel I would go have a drink at the bar just to see her! Hyatt is lucky to have such a good employee!

Stayed November 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at this hotel. It was a different from other Hyatt's. It was less dark than the others. A very nice overall nice hotel. Very clean.
What stood out the most for me was the friendly and helpful staff.
It's also a great location!

Room Tip: Excellent restaurants within hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business