“Great location but not that great of a hotel”

Hyatt Regency Louisville
Ranked #11 of 100 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for the downtown area, close to anything and everything downtown. Restaurants, bars, banks and attractions within a very small walking distance. The staff was very very helpful and curtious at all times. The common ares of the hotel was in great condition and looked very crisp and clean, sadly I can not say the same about the conditions for my room. The room felt damp from the beginning, even with the ac off it felt wet. It seemed nothing in the room was wipped down or dusted, even commenly touched things were dusty and dirty. We didn't use the coffee maker due to the dust on it. The comforter on one of the beds had reddish/brown roundish stains on it, the bed we did sleep in didn't have a fitted sheet but a flat sheet attempted to be tucked in around the mattress. This would have been fine if the sheet was large enough to have been tucked around the mattress. The bathroom had the 1960s brown/mauve tiles and a shower head that came out around the same time. There was previous guests hair in the shower on the floor and in the sink. The tiles had black areas where the grout is suppose to be, however this looked like mold. For the pricing of this hotel I was really expecting a lot better quality and I was very dissatisfied. I have stayed with Hyatt several times and prefer it to any other hotel but this one really has to be the worst one I have ever stayed at based on hotel quality. For a similar price consider another hotel. I hope that I just got the bad egg out of a lot of rooms but if not I hope they consider remodeling

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hott24girl
Brett A, Manager at Hyatt Regency Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
I wanted to begin by apologizing for your less than satisfactory stay with us. As you mentioned, you prefer Hyatt because it is better than the others. I must say that we do indeed pride ourselves on being better than our competitors and am sorry that we did not live up to those expectations this time around. We do take feedback very seriously and will use it to coach associates so as to not make the same mistakes again. We would appreciate another opportunity for you to see us at our best. Please e-mail when planning a return stay so that I can make certain that your accommodations are suitable.
Brett Ambrose
Director of Rooms
Hyatt Regency Louisville

502-217-6002
brett.ambrose@hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,493)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I really liked the Hyatt Louisville. The hotel is clean, I loved the layout of my room - 1702 on the 17th floor. It was near the elevator, but I didn't hear a thing. The view was great as well - i.e. a city and river view. The Wi-Fi worked great. The bed was very comfortable. I had breakfast in the restaurant Sway, and it was very good. The location is great. There are a wide array of restaurants and attractions a short walking distance away. The staff was very customer service orientated. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: As a business traveler, I despise connecting rooms. I stayed in room 1702. It had a king size comf...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt during a recent business trip to Kentucky. The location is perfect - just steps from 4th Street Live. The hotel is huge with all rooms looking out over an atrium. High speed lifts take you to your floor (and leave your stomach at the bottom!). I stayed on the 18th floor in a standard room. The room was well appointed with a comfortable bed, huge widescreen TV, desk with good power point access. Bathroom was reasonably sized with good towels. Negative points were the air con was very noisy and visiting Louisville in August, air con is a must so it made for disturbed nights sleep. Ate in Sway the hotel restaurant and really enjoyed the food. The portions were huge and the quality of the southern fried chicken was excellent.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Extremely well located with the 4th Street attraction at less than 50 meters.
A lot of restaurant and foodservice's alternatives at the door!
The reception desk was extremely efficient ... even in the checkout hour!
Excellent service in all parts of the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. I had a room next to the elevators ... without any kind of noise!
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. It was right next to the "Live" entertainment area so lots going on outside the building that was fun. The lobby was pleasant and the service was very pleasant upon arrival. The rooms and lobby seemed new and very clean. The hair dryer was even nice and new! Sounds silly but I typically hate the hotel hair dryers. No Starbucks in the lobby but only about a half block away and the valet guys held my car and luggage while I went to grab a drink. Everyone on staff was helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: May want to be up a little high to avoid the street noise
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The family stayed there for a local wedding. Amazing location so you just park the car and leave it since you are in the heart of things. The room was nice. The beds were kind small but comfortable. The kids loved the lobby and the speedy window elevators. The pool was good and warm but small and really loud with screaming kids at times. Definitely the place to stay in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My check-in was quite speedy.  The room was spacious.  I liked the layout.  There was a two foot diameter dark stain on the carpet.  The machines were out of soda. Pool very tiny.  Loud group of teens staying on night one.  They were very loud throughout the hotel.  Wish management had gotten on it.   Enjoyed the hotel bar.  Nice server.  Checkout was smooth.  Waiting for my transport to the airport sitting in the lobby, a homeless man came and sat with me and was telling me his story looking for money.  His behavior was erratic and a bit frightening.  A hotel worker walked by.  I gave him my "please rescue me look." He kept on walking.  The homeless man was relentless, so after twenty minutes of listening to his story, I gave him $20 just to be left in peace.  I wish hotel security were better.  I doubt I was the first Hyatt Regency patron approached for money while sitting in the lobby.  Overall, just not the quality of stay I am used to enjoying at a Hyatt Regency.