“Nice hotel, but beware of bar prices” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Louisville
Ranked #11 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wales
“Nice hotel, but beware of bar prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently enjoyed a comfortable two night stay at the Hyatt Regency and I was pleased to see the hotel honour my email request for a quiet room. I had breakfast on one of the mornings and wasn't particularly impressed. I thought it was very average. I also purchased a Woodford Reserve bourbon in the ground floor bar on one evening and it came to nearly 13 dollars. Ouch!! Needless to say, I only had one.

Room Tip: Request a high room- away from all the street noise. You may be allocated one without having to pay...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Perry Hall, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Located on 4th Street in downtown right across the street from the convention center and in the midst of the 4th Street Live entertainment district. Usual Hyatt high atrium lobby with nice rooms, comfy beds and pillows. WiFi is $9.95/day, so no free ride there.

Bar is an active place on nights when conventions are in town, and visiting football teams playing Louisville stay here. All in all, a nice hotel conveniently located with efficient and very friendly staff.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Property was recently renovated and it looks good. The room was spacious and the Bar-Restaurant downstairs was very inviting. The food was very good as well. The hotel is right in the middle of everything and the staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: I asked for a corner room away from the entertainment area. The noise was almost undetectable.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyattLouisville, Manager at Hyatt Regency Louisville, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Louisville.
Palatine, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I booked this hotel on a site that was called something like Louisville Downtown Hotels. Turns out, that was a subsidiary of Travelocity so when I called to switch from 1 bed to 2, they said I could not, because of how I had booked. I never booked through Travelocity so that didn't make me happy, especially since I paid $200/night.

When I arrived, I did have 2 beds but the front desk staff informed me that this hotel NEVER guarantees a bed preference. Not very customer service friendly...

The hotel was clean and neat but very, very noisy. There is an open atrium so if you are on a lower floor (I was on 3), the noise from the lobby is incredible. You can also hear the water pressure shutting on and off everytime a guest showers. I wouldn't stay here again for the noise alone.

My last little gripe is that when I returned to my hotel after a long day, my door was left ajar by the cleaning staff. I hadn't left any valuable in the room, and nothing was stolen, but when I mentioned it while checking out the front desk clerk said something like, oops, that's not good, sorry. And that was that. I'm never staying here again but if you do, lock up your valuable elsewhere...

Room Tip: Higher floors should be quieter?
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel based on your recent stay and experience. We regret we did not exceed your overall expectations, for which we strive at Hyatt Hotels. We will share your concerns with our management team in order to ensure proper corrective actions are made. We do take safety and security very seriously and will make sure that our Housekeeping department is aware of the importance of maintaining valuables safely. I can assure you we will look into this matter and ensure corrective measures are implemented. We hope you reconsider your decision and try us again on your next visit to Louisville
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I travel for cheer competitions several times a year. Typically need to stay near the Kentucky International Convention Center, I love this hotel. The hotel is connected by a cross walk directly to the CC. There are also several fast food and nice places to eat within walking distance of the hotel. I tend to get the park free and internet package for a good value. I also like the Grand King room, it has a table in it for 4 along with a nice desk area with tons of plug ins. The King beds are so comfortable and the room is really big. The room is always clean. I am not a fan of the hotel soap scent, but I just bring my own.

Room Tip: Our room tends to be close to the elevator and backs up to the ice machine area. Noise is never an...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of the entire staff at the Hyatt Regency Louisville, we would like to thank you for taking the time to compile a review on your most recent stay. We will be changing our bathroom products in the near future and hopefully they will be to your liking. We are thrilled to hear of your experience and look forward to welcoming you back to Louisville!
shaker heights, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Found this hotel to be a perfect place to stay in downtown Louisville... close to every thing!
Our room was lovely, clean and the personnel friendly. We plan to take advantage of the buy two and stay third night free again this month.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay to our property. We are thrilled to hear of your experience and look forward to the opportunity to have you as a guest once again.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I went along with my husband on a business trip. We walked into a courtyard marriott while we where down there and it seemed much nicer. The Hyatt was just not up to the normal Hyatt standards. There are better options for this area

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
First and foremost thank you for providing comments on your recent visit to our hotel. Please accept our apologies for not exceeding your expectations. Our goal is to be the preferred hotel in Louisville and your feedback allows us to ensure we continue to work hard in order to ensure we are the number one choice Downtown area.