1,608 results
All reviewsgreat locationconvention centersway restaurantfourth street livewithin walking distancenice hotelparking garagehotel restaurantself parkrestaurants and barsheart of downtownyum centerbusiness tripking roomfront desk staffthe room was nicebed was comfortable
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I booked this hotel on a site that was called something like Louisville Downtown Hotels. Turns out, that was a subsidiary of Travelocity so when I called to switch from 1 bed to 2, they said I could not, because of how I had booked. I never booked through Travelocity so that didn't make me happy, especially since I paid $200/night.

When I arrived, I did have 2 beds but the front desk staff informed me that this hotel NEVER guarantees a bed preference. Not very customer service friendly...

The hotel was clean and neat but very, very noisy. There is an open atrium so if you are on a lower floor (I was on 3), the noise from the lobby is incredible. You can also hear the water pressure shutting on and off everytime a guest showers. I wouldn't stay here again for the noise alone.

My last little gripe is that when I returned to my hotel after a long day, my door was left ajar by the cleaning staff. I hadn't left any valuable in the room, and nothing was stolen, but when I mentioned it while checking out the front desk clerk said something like, oops, that's not good, sorry. And that was that. I'm never staying here again but if you do, lock up your valuable elsewhere...

Room Tip: Higher floors should be quieter?
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HyattLouisville, Manager at Hyatt Regency Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel based on your recent stay and experience. We regret we did not exceed your overall expectations, for which we strive at Hyatt Hotels. We will share your concerns with our management team in order to ensure proper corrective actions are made. We do take safety and security very seriously and will make sure that our Housekeeping department is aware of the importance of maintaining valuables safely. I can assure you we will look into this matter and ensure corrective measures are implemented. We hope you reconsider your decision and try us again on your next visit to Louisville

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I travel for cheer competitions several times a year. Typically need to stay near the Kentucky International Convention Center, I love this hotel. The hotel is connected by a cross walk directly to the CC. There are also several fast food and nice places to eat within walking distance of the hotel. I tend to get the park free and internet package for a good value. I also like the Grand King room, it has a table in it for 4 along with a nice desk area with tons of plug ins. The King beds are so comfortable and the room is really big. The room is always clean. I am not a fan of the hotel soap scent, but I just bring my own.

Room Tip: Our room tends to be close to the elevator and backs up to the ice machine area. Noise is never an issue.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

On behalf of the entire staff at the Hyatt Regency Louisville, we would like to thank you for taking the time to compile a review on your most recent stay. We will be changing our bathroom products in the near future and hopefully they will be to your liking. We are thrilled to hear of your experience and look forward to welcoming you back to Louisville!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Found this hotel to be a perfect place to stay in downtown Louisville... close to every thing!
Our room was lovely, clean and the personnel friendly. We plan to take advantage of the buy two and stay third night free again this month.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay to our property. We are thrilled to hear of your experience and look forward to the opportunity to have you as a guest once again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I went along with my husband on a business trip. We walked into a courtyard marriott while we where down there and it seemed much nicer. The Hyatt was just not up to the normal Hyatt standards. There are better options for this area

• Stayed: October 2012

First and foremost thank you for providing comments on your recent visit to our hotel. Please accept our apologies for not exceeding your expectations. Our goal is to be the preferred hotel in Louisville and your feedback allows us to ensure we continue to work hard in order to ensure we are the number one choice Downtown area.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here first weekend of October while attending St James Court art fair. Refurbished hotel, nice staff. Great hotel restaurant for dinner; but breakfast buffet was terrible (dried out overcooked food). Bar was semi-hopping on weekend nights..

Rooms average size but nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple