“Very nice”

Hyatt Regency Louisville
Ranked #11 of 100 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel was really nice. The lobby is absolutely beautiful. A great bar is located downstairs. I only spent one night there out of the 3 my boyfriend was there. The beds were a tad firm for me. The room was very clean and a good hotel room. I really liked the front desk service, Daneille was very sweet and helpful when we had questions regarding the bill and paying for parking. Park is only 10 dollars a night, which I don't find too bad for covered secure parking. According to the boy, housekeeping wasn't great. One morning they knocked at 8:30 AM and when he said occupied responded, "Ya gonna need service?" He said yes and they never came back. The day I showed up I got there at 2:30 pm, he had been gone all morning, no DND sign on the door, no service. So, his entire stay, they never actually cleaned the room. That was the only downfall though. Breakfast was nice with good service.

Room Tip: Get a room on the lower floor since the elevators tend to be slow.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattLouisville, Manager at Hyatt Regency Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hyatt Regency Louisville and for taking the time to review your experience. We are pleased you had the chance to meet Danielle at the Front Desk, and will share your wonderful comments about her with our staff. We will also forward your comments to our Housekeeping team in order to ensure corrective actions are made. Thank you, again for your comments. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Louisville.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,492)

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The staff was very friend and accommodating. The room are spacious and very clean compared to some of the other hotels I stayed at in Louisville. The food quality was excellent. The hotel is located in the heart of of the downtown activity as well.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are thrilled you chose to stay at our hotel and are very pleased to hear you enjoyed the quality of F&B provided. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Louisville

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I consider the Hyatt as one of the better chains and definitely one of the upmarket chains. With this in mind, the following: The people at the front desk were always helpful and tried to please. Due to internal problems they were in an overbooked situation but arranged for a transfer to another hotel. Due to an international conference they could only manage to book a room in one of the lower grade hotels in the region. The second day I was transferred back to the Hyatt. The room I was allocated was spacious but I was surprised that they didn’t have a stocked mini-bar. The shower in the room was in the bath, which I presume is not that bad, but the installation is actually so poor that I couldn’t even fit under it (and I am not even very tall). The breakfast was passable but actually nothing better than what I had in a lower rated HI the first day (due to overbooking in the Hyatt) – although the price was close on double. I had much better at many other similar and lower graded hotels. Their spread also didn’t consider that they are next to an International Conference Centre and they only catered for an American market (and not very well). In summary, I have to say that they don’t fulfil the expectations of what one consider Hyatt will provide.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HyattLouisville, Manager at Hyatt Regency Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

We truly value your business and appreciate the comments you shared regarding your recent stay. It is our goal to meet or, better yet, exceed every guest’s expectations and I regret failing to do so in this case. Although we do not offer refrigerators in every guest room, both are available on-site. I am glad to know that you felt the front desk staff was helpful and accomodating. I realize we cannot change your first impression of our hotel, but I hope you will allow us the opportunity to show you all we have to offer during your next visit to Louisville.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The location is unbeatable, but the hotel itself doesn't disappoint either.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Louisville.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family and I picked this hotel because it was closer to the University of Louisville than the Hyatt Place East and Reservations gave me a fantastic UofL discount for my son's orientation. Although the hotel is located right downtown, there was a quiet atmosphere in and around it. There are plenty of good restaurants and bars a few steps away at 4th Street Live. There is plenty to do and see in walking distance like the River Front and The Muhammad Ali museum just to name a few.

The staff was great (especially Jack in valet parking) and we had no problems with finding a good space in the parking garage. Check-in went very quickly and in addition to her friendly service, the young lady there (a recent UofL grad) gave us some great advice, info and tips concerning the campus. The pool area was nice and clean and breakfast in their restaurant was delicious. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

On behalf of the entire staff at the Hyatt Regency Louisville, we would like to thank you for taking the time to compile a review your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear of your experience and the service Jack provided to your family. We will make sure he receives a copy of your post. Thank you, again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Overall-- great hotel. My partner and I were given a corner room with a view of downtown. There was no noise that kept us up late. In fact, we didn't hear any noise at all in the evening. Perhaps our room was facing away from the noisy areas.

The room size was good and overall, it was a decent and average space. My major and only complaint is that there was some trash left over in our room. There was a beverage bottle in the trash bin near the desk, and an old towel hung up on the shower rod. Gross. Also, fyi, this is one of those hotel bathrooms where the lighting is like that of an airplane bathroom-- amazingly revealing and unflattering.

The curtains are thick and kept out the early morning sun. Also had room service, which was promptly delivered. The fitness center is small but nice, and the surrounding area is comfortable. It is sprinkled with national chains so don't expect any organic Louisville in the hotel's immediate area.

Lastly, the staff was great. I'd stay here again but this time I'd make sure that the room was pristine and free of old trash and rags.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Really ugly and outdated colors and design. Everything is sticky and smells. Very young and inexperienced people working there. Concierge knows nothing. Very small rooms and bathrooms.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel based on your recent stay and experience. We regret we did not exceed your overall expectations, as we always strive for at Hyatt Hotels Corp. We will work harder than ever to ensure that the concerns you bring up are addressed. Please feel free to contact us with any additional comments, you may speak to our Manager on Duty. We hope you will reconsider and choose to stay with us again the next time you visit our city.