“Don't believe the photos, this place is a dump!”

Midtown Inn and Suites
Ranked #92 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Hattiesburg, MS
“Don't believe the photos, this place is a dump!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Don't believe the photos you see online, this place is a dump! The hotel across the street from it has gang tags all over it. The first night we stayed was in a non smoking room. It was ok even though one of the hot tubs didn't work. The next night we had to stay in a smoking room because they had sold out of non smoking. The smoking rooms had the most God awful smell in them. They told me they would take care of it while we were out, they didn't. The smell kept me up all night, the next morning I'm blowing my nose and their is blood in it from my allergies going nuts. Bathroom was coming apart, literally. I told the owner the next morning so they would not charge me and all he said was "I'm sorry" Coffee maker didn't work either so I'm sure they knew about it already. I refused to leave without a receipt as I have been screwed in the past. He didn't want to give me one saying he couldn't find it but after about 30min. he found it. I'm looking at my credit card statement and I see where they charged it two extra times but it hasn't gone through yet so I'll have to keep any eye out for that one.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear barqs19,

We are sorry that you had problems during your recent stay with us. Please accept our dearest apology. We hope that you will consider staying with us the next time that you are in Louisville, Ky.

Quality Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We've stayed here twice and are very happy with it. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, the rooms have all the amenities, and the breakfast is superior to most that we've had. We will come back

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool so you don't have the chlorine smell
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
qualityinnky, General Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us here at Quality Inn & Suites. Your feedback is important to us as it helps us to know how to improve your upon your next stay. We do hope to see you again soon and thank you again for visiting us and giving us your feedback.

The Quality Inn & suites Hotel Team
Louisville
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was worried about booking this hotel after reading some of the other reviews. However my stay was not bad at all. The person at the counter was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and everything worked. The bathroom could use a fresh coat of paint but other than that I thought it was a nice place to stay for the money. The only potential turn off to this hotel was it being close to a busy intersection and there is a lot of traffic noise. I slept right through it. The free breakfast bar was good, it wasn't just coffee and donuts! I wouldn't have a problem staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 24, 2014

The Quality Inn & suites Hotel Team
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were instantly greeted by the aroma of bleach and soggy ceiling tiles. Most ceiling tiles were rotting and about to fall down. While showering I was surprised to find the faucet discharge black goo all over me....seriously, black goo. There was black mold all over the bathroom and the door wouldn't even close. At breakfast we thought we would be safe with yogurt, but upon inspecting the spoons, most of them were brown.....Can't even make this stuff up. We also witnessed the hotel employee drop all of the apples she was bringing out for breakfast, then make eye contact with us, and then put them back out for consumption. DO NOT EAT THE FOOD! When turning on the heat in our room, you could see the exposed red hot heating coil, right next to where our smoke detector should be. We later found it torn off the wall and in one of the drawers. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Look Elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Date 01/17/14

Dear Mr. Mikey,

I’m concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you were unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.
Also I want you to know that the comments that we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I do apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and keeping up with our Guest’s satisfaction policy we have given you 20%* GM’s special discount for your stay with us. I hope this satisfies you and make your next visit to our motel a comfortable one.

* Not valid on Blacked out/special event days.

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here 3 times over the past year. The hotel and staff are getting worse and the price has been going up every time. Doesn't make sense. The wifi is practically unusable. Lots of shady characters lingering around or staying here. Limited amount of electrical outlets. (working ones are hidden behind the bed and TV stand) None near the computer desk. Of the limited outlets about half don't work. My room was tiny. I tried to check in a couple of hours before their 4 PM check in time which I thought my Diamond status with 80 plus stays for the year would allow. Lady at the front desk said no rooms were available. So they must have some really slow or bad housekeeping if that's the case. Would have thought she'd get a room cleaned. But she made no effort to help. Just acted like she was at the Ritz Carlton. And this is not the Ritz.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Date 01/17/14

Hello,

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

At check-in, receptionist was not helpful. Handed me the keycard and didn't offer up info about room location, breakfast/pool hours, check-out, etc. Had to ask her each question and she had to think about each one haha.

The first room was supposed to be non-smoking but smelled like smoke and mold. It had holes in the walls, mold on fixtures, bathroom lights didn't work, burn holes on the bedding, just AWFUL. I asked for a different room immediately. The 2nd room was tolerable at least. Hotel info binder was disgusting. In both rooms the bathroom was so small it's hard to even close the door (I'm a very small skinny person). There was dog hair and trash all over the floor, very obviously not vacuumed. Very dim bathroom light and strong heat lamp, no ventilation/fan. Everything about the hotel was outdated, moldy, unclean. I guess it deserves one star just because we didn't get bedbugs and it's fairly close/easy to downtown!!

The "fitness center" was a treadmill, bike, and elliptical. None of them looked like they should have worked, but they did. No remote or other apparent way to adjust the tv. Nasty moldy towel on the floor apparently being used to soak up a leak from the water dispenser. I didn't even want to attempt the pool.

Breakfast was the normal self-serve stuff. It was all being cleaned up 10 minutes early, and the attendant was extremely rude to my boyfriend who just came in there to grab a couple things for breakfast to-go. It wasn't 10am yet, no need for that.

Basically, we stayed because we didn't have time to switch to another place. I can't believe Choice Hotels owns this place. Not "quality" at all. More on the level of a cheap hourly-rate motel!! DO NOT STAY HERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
qualityinnky, General Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013

Louisville
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have never stayed at such a dirty, run down hotel in my life. I am writing a letter to their corporate office because of it. I have pictures to back it up. Also, the pool had a dangerous issue with the lights inside the pool. I have a picture of my grandson with a large metal ring that obviously came from around the light. He had told me that he felt the empty light socket and the WIRE hanging out of it already!!!!!!!!!!! Some of the staff was nice but the woman in the breakfast area was rude and unpleasant unless you were a man. Then she was plenty friendly. So that is my impression of this property in a nutshell. Almost forgot, we had a rollaway bed and the springs were so broken that we had to return it. We did get a better one then. When we first checked in we were told we would have to carry that bed to our 2nd floor room!!! No elevator and no staff available to take it. We actually left and tried to find another hotel but since we didn't know the area, had no luck and went back and asked for a 1st floor room so we could take the bed ourselves.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013