“I expect this at a $40 a night hotel... but I paid nearly $100.”

Midtown Inn and Suites
Ranked #92 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Emporia, Kansas, United States
“I expect this at a $40 a night hotel... but I paid nearly $100.”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The good: Nice pool area. The evening staff (Damon) greeted us warmly and was efficient and friendly. Good location relative to tourist activities (Churchill Downs, Zoo). Room was very large. Beds were clean and comfortable and mattresses were decent. Breakfast as expected.

The bad: Entire property run down. Advertised newly remodeled rooms... but ours was in TERRIBLE shape: Strong musty smell, carpet peeling back, literally had holes in wall. Iffy housekeeping, refrigerator gross. Most furniture rough. We stayed two nights, but the maid didn't service our room! Internet didn't reach our room, so we had to go down to the pool area to use it. No other way to say it: felt like we were duped into staying here. You can get a better room for under $50 in most cities. Makes me most trust the Quality Inn brand.

Room Tip: If all of the rooms are like mine, there ARE no good rooms. Avoid.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Mr.Emporia

I appreciate your comments on this website for your stay with us.
I was disappointed that you did not like our hotel for your stay during your recent visit to Louisville.
Your reviews and comments will definitely help us to find out a solution for your problems.

we will try to do our best to get your busines during your next visit, please do give us one more chance to prove it

Thanksing you in advance

Yours truly

jeet shah

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is not the best place in the world to stay, and it is a bit pricey for what you get, which is being just a few miles from Churchill Downs. While the room was quite large and included a full kitchen, which we did not need, it was in need of repairs. The bathroom was quite large with a whirlpool bath, but there is no way I would have set in that tub. After all the years my sister and I have been traveling together we have finally gotten smart and carry a can of Lysol with us and all the bedding and bathroom gets sprayed before we use anything, and we were sure glad we had it for this place. The breakfast was your usual continental breakfast fare. Since we were on the early tour at Churchill Downs we wanted to stay very close to the race track. If it hadn't of been for that we would have never stayed here. Plus trying to get to it can drive you crazy due to all the one way streets of each side of the interstate. It cost us $92.00 for two people and we got nothing for our money except convenience. This place truly needs a complete update and makeover.

Room Tip: I wish I could give you a good room to stay in. All I can say is we were on the 1st floor. One pos...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carlene K
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hello Ms Carlene

I appreciate your review of our hotel in Louisville during your recent stay with us.
We are in the process of renovating our rooms and the public areas pretty soon, I am sure you will find our property in better shape during your next visit to Louisvlle.

Please give us one more chance to serve you better than the last time.

Hoping to see you soon

Jeet Shah

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I made a reservation for this hotel and requested an early check in. I called an hour before I was due to arrive to make sure I could check in early. I was due to get there around 11:00 a.m. and the lady said we could check in early but it may be noon before she had a room for us. That was totally accepatble and understandable. So I ended up getting there at 11:00 a.m. right on schedule. We walked in the door and stood in front of the front desk clerk (sarah, with uncombed hair thrown back in a pony-tail lip and eyebrow piercings and an unrelevent hoodie on) for about 45 seconds (while she played on the computer because I guess it was more important than us) until she said anything and it WASN'T a hi or how are you. She simply looked up at us and said, "yeah!" I then told her I had a reservation and she started to yell at us saying that we could not check in til 4:00 p.m. I told her that we had called an hour prior and that a lady told us we could check in at least by noon. She basically called us liars by saying, "There is no way anyone told you that." She then just kept raising her voice and being rude so I told her to forget it and asked if I could use the lobby computer to make another reservation. With an attitide she said yes but then when I tried to use it nothing worked except for the homepage which is their website. So I had to leave and find a public library. Once I did that and made a new reservation at the Comfort Suites (which was amazing) and called to cancel mine with Quality Inn. The same rude lady answered and said okay. She never asked why I was cancelling or if I wanted a cancellation confirmation sent to my email. She just said okay and hung up. Two days later I tried to reach the General Manager, Jeet Shah, A man named Damon said that he would have him call me back in an hour. I never heard anything so the next day I called again. Once again he wasn't in and Damon told me AGAIN that he would call me. Well that was a week ago and I still haven't heard a word back. This hotel was nasty rundown and very very unprofessional. I think Choice Hotels should pull their Franchise from them because they are poorly representing Quality Inn's. I wish I would have read these reviews before i booked my stay. It would have made my trip alot smoother and enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amanda C
Dear Ms. Amanda,

I’m concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you were unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.
Also I want you to know that the comments that we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Sarah our Front desk agent has been written up for this particular incident and hope that she never repeats the same mistakes, I do apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and keeping up with our Guest’s satisfaction policy we have given you 20%* GM’s special discount for your stay with us. I hope this satisfies you and make your next visit to our motel a comfortable one.

* Not valid on Blacked out/special event days.

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while we were in town for a truck show. For the price we paid, we expected much better than we got. It was in a scary looking part of town, for starters. The room seemed clean, although the whole property was very run down. We were in a second floor room with an exterior door. However, there were no exterior stairs to get down to the parking lot. We had to use our room key to get into the interior hallway to access a stairway to get downstairs. To me, this seems like a fire hazard, as we are technically stuck on the 2nd floor if we leave our room without our key. Also, we left our room to go do some activities. When we came back, we found that housekeeping had come in and made the bed, etc. We also discovered that part of the pizza we had left in our room was gone. When we called the front desk to complain, we were told that it was impossible, that of course we had eaten our pizza and just forgot about it. I know it seems petty, but the thought of someone eating our food while we were gone just grossed me out. We went down to get in the pool one night. The pool itself was nice and clean. However there were 15 children in there with one adult, which made for a very loud and uncomfortable experience. As a result, we were not able to enjoy the pool. We later saw the children were all in one room on the ground floor. We will never stay in this place again.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel
Dear Ms. Angela,

Please accept my sincere apology.
Also I want you to know that the comments that we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. The house keeping staff was reprimanded the same day of your complaint, I do apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and keeping up with our Guest’s satisfaction policy we have given you 20%* GM’s special discount for your stay with us. I hope this satisfies you and make your next visit to our motel a comfortable one.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Do not stay here!!
The hotel is located next to a bus stop so there were a lot of people just hanging out in the parking lot of the hotel who weren't staying there. We originally had a room outside but on our walk to find the room we saw windows caked with dirt, yellowed curtains and dead bugs.
We requested a room inside which was granted but not without an extra charge. The curtains had moth holes, there was some sort of growth growing on the walls, the lampshade was cracked and shattered, the alarm clock didn't even work, there was feces on the toilet. When we went to shower in the morning the water wouldnt turn on. After having the water "on" for 5 minutes it finally started but then wouldn't shut off.
I wouldn't let my worst enemy stay here. If I wasn't so tired from traveling all day I would've driven 30 miles out of my way to stay in a better hotel. Disgusting!

Dear Ms. Betty,

Please accept my sincere apology.
Also I want you to know that the comments that we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. The room I do apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and keeping up with our Guest’s satisfaction policy we have given you 20%* GM’s special discount for your stay with us. I hope this satisfies you and make your next visit to our motel a comfortable one.

Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Booked this hotel months in advance and was told it was in a great part of town. When we arrived, it was in a terrible part of town. Front guest personnel (Sarah) was extremely rude and the hotel room was filthy. Bed was pulled up with dirty sheets, filthy rags were left on chairs, some nasty stuff was in the sink, and chair had dirty fabric hanging from it. There was a gap in the door, even when it was locked allowing the cold air in. When we tried to question the front desk about the quality of the rooms, all they were interested in was getting our credit card. I would not let anyone I cared about stay in this room. It was a very disturbing start to what was supposed to be a great weekend.

Room Tip: We ended up being 20 miles out of our way, but it was worth it to stay at the Comfort Inn in Bardsto...
1 Thank Sherrill T
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello Ms Sherrill

I refer to your complaint for your stay at our property.
I apologize for the inconveniences caused to you, I would appreciate if you could give me your last name and confirmation alongwith your room number and date of stay, this would help me to investigate the matter further.

Awaiting your reply asap

Thanks

Jeet Shah

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Convenient place to stay with indoor pool for kids over packed weekend for truck show.Pool was large and clean.The room was clean and bathroom had newer tile.Was fortunate to have fridge in room as some rooms do not.Older decor and furniture in room.Breakfast was good and well stocked.Checked in and out during slow times,so we did not encounter any probs.Was nervous about this hotel after we booked room but enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed March 2013
qualityinnky, General Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hello Ms Dimples

Thank you very much to take time off and fill up the survey for our hotel.
It was very nice of you to give us good comments, we appreciate it.

we strive vey hard every day to keep our guests happy, we are glad that you are one of them

Please let us know if we can serve you more better in the future, we would love to hear from a loyal guest like you

Thanking you