“Good place to stay in Louisville”

Ranked #39 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were very satisfied with this hotel; room was clean and attendant answered to all our questions. Breakfast is included and is served at your table after you have chosen on the menu. Only negative point, I had to call the front desk as we could not find the remote control for the tv; the attendant told us to look in the room, it must be somewhere.....instead of offering to send a new one to our room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lori G, Manager at Best Western Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I would like to apologize for my front desk agent not being helpful with the remote situation, and I have addressed this issue. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

When I stay at a Best Western, I expect to be better than staying at a Motel 6. This one didn't measure up. It's 1960s-vintage, unrenovated, getting a little drab now. Walls are very very thin -- I could hear one my neighbors just breathing. Bed had one thin blanket, a very thin coverlet, and no extra blanket (it's a winter storm today). TV works, but it permanent wide-screen mode, because the remote isn't the right one for this TV. Brown-and-dim-yellow decor. Staff friendly enough and allowed bargaining on the price. Missed breakfast, alas, can't comment.

I'd give it three stars if it were just a random roadside place and I hadn't been expecting better. But, I had expected better. Two stars.

One unusual positive: there's no freeway noise here! (It's off in a quiet business park.)

Room Tip: They were willing to match the website rate without having to go through the website.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Lori G, Manager at Best Western Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We have been making renovations to the hotel, and are sad to hear that you did not approve of them. All of our designs are Best Western standards and are Best Western approved. We will take your opinion in account to make improvements. Our remotes are not the ones provided with the televisions, they are called Clean Remotes, which most hotels are implementing now, for guest health standards. The prevent any bacterial growth, and are Best Western approved. There is also a switch on the sides of our flat screen televisions that allow you to change the wide screen. We were unaware that you needed an extra blanket and would gladly have provided it if we were notified. We have extra blankets for all guests at the front desk. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed in room with king bed with flat screen TV with a small side room where desk with microwave and small frig. Moved desk around so I could use laptop & see TV. Nice clean room, comfortable bed, and had a fairly quiet heater that would turn on & off as as needed making for a more peaceful nite. Only negative was sink was slow to drain. Breakfest was a selecting 1 item out of a list of 4-5. Chose a cheese omlete & toast with bacon, they had a lady that would take your order & bring out to you. Food was good. They had coffee & juices available in the area available.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 25, 2013

If you want a great place to stay in Louisville that won't "break the bank" stay at this hotel. It's nice to walk into a hotel and the staff is knowledgeable and helpful. You won't have problems with these folks. Felisha is just a joy to deal with. The rooms are clean, beds are extremely comfortable, breakfast is excellent. Stay at this hotel if you are in Louisville, you will not be disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We love having your crew stay with us, and are more than happy to do what we can to make them comfortable while here. Felisha is a valuable asset here, and are more than pleased to hear that she goes the extra step for you and every guest we have. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Wonderful staff, AWESOME HOT breakfast!!!!!! Good location lots of places to eat and shopping. Off main road so it is quiet not a lot of noise. This makes for Good Sleep!!! Good price and convenient to the interstate. Clean and PET friendly!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We LOVE the pets, of all kinds and are happy that yo0u and them enjoyed your stay with us. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Aside from the cereal that was in the chair and the hair in the bathtub, the room was fairly clean. It has an exercise area that looked well taken care of, but I didn't actually use the facility. The free breakfast was interesting. It states on the info that if the breakfast buffet is not set up, breakfast will be made to order. It was not set up so I took a seat in the restaurant style area. A man came to take my order, and had to bring me a menu. (being that i expected a "free" breakfast, I was not prepared to leave a tip. I hadn't even brought anything from my room except for my key. Needless to say, I had to make a trip to my room, and felt terrible that he probably dealt with a lot of people that didn't expect to leave a tip.) The staff was friendly upon arrival and at check out. The bed was comfortable. This hotel was nothing to write home about, but if in the area again, I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Lori G, Manager at Best Western Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed at this best western this time after staying once before and last time I was pleasantly surprised this time I was just surprised. I went to make coffee in room and there was a huge bug crawling all over the cups. After calling the front desk and was told there was no manager on duty they came and got the bug after telling me it does happen from time to time later when the manager contacted me he said he had the room sprayed offered me 25% off my next stay. While I think there should be a satisfaction guarantee promise but when I called customer service i was assured there wasn't I think it warranted a refund. When I was offered 25% off my next stayed it aw skied of an insult because you got my money once and now you ask me to come back and stay again and take my money at just a less rate. I have to say I'm disappointed and I will not only pass on this hotel but on best western as a chain .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Assistant General Manager