“Best of a bad situation”

Ranked #38 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great staff, manager was great. Our first ever hotel fire experience, hopefully our last!!!! We were able to check in early and were welcomed by a very helpful and friendly staff, we toured the city and returned to our room for the night, just as we got ready to retire the smoke alarms started to go off, we left the building with everyone else and waited, fire dept was there within seconds and did a great job of keeping us informed of what was happening. There was a secondary problem with the sprinklers and the fire dept couldn't let anyone sleep in the hotel until the sprinklers were repaired,the manager offered whoever wanted to the option of going to another facility down the road, he even called extra employees in to help guests retrieve their luggage as we were unable to use elevators. He couldn't have done anymore GREAT JOB!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dizymaus
Lori G, Manager at Best Western Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We sincerely apologize for the fire alarm issue, and are happy that no one was injured. We were more than happy to do what we could in making sure that you were comfortable and accommodated while you were here, and hope the next time you visit Louisville, you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were not unhappy with our room for what we paid for it. It was the treatment after that has forced me to write my first review. We left something in our room over two weeks ago and called the day we checked out in order to have the item sent to us at our expense. Numerous calls were made and we left messages that were never returned. Finally got to speak to the assistant Manager who assured me they would replace it or send a gift card and she would call me back in one hour. That was on 6/13/13. I have since left messages for her with not one returned phone call.

Beware you may get the same treatment if your toilet backs up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. Our philosophy here is not to ignore guests. We tried calling the phone number provided back, but did not receive an answer, we then sent an email to the email address you provided letting you know that we mailed out a new toothbrush to replace the one you left behind. If you do not receive it via USPS in the next week, please feel free to call and let us know and we will have it tracked for you.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I will start with the cons and get them out of the way: the beds are very hard and uncomfortable, we had some very sleepless nights. To me that's pretty important in choosing a hotel. Also, it was crowded and expensive, but it was also Memorial Day weekend and not the hotel's fault. I expected to pay a higher price that weekend.

Now onto the pros: The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful, and so were the staff attending the breakfast area. Speaking of, there is complimentary breakfast every morning and it is very high quality. I wish you could bring it back up to the room, but, they do provide a clean and spacious area for you to eat (with high chairs!). The rooms and hotel overall were very clean and tidy. Maid service was excellent. Overall this is a nice place that I would love to stay at again if they would just get more comfortable mattresses.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Lori G, Manager at Best Western Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I'm sorry you felt that our beds were uncomfortable, we will look into this and see what we can do to make them better. I am glad to hear that the staff was great, and I will be sure to let them know that you mentioned them, it means a lot. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed June 7, 2013

stayed here with my family of four. staff was courteous and hotel was nicely updated. pool was small and cold. hot breakfast was good. eggs potatoes sausage, french toast all cooked fresh. toilet was running so i removed the tank lid to attempt to fix but found mold behind the lid. yuk.

overall though a very good value for the price paid. i would stay here again, but would check the toilet tank first.

1  Thank dsign95
Lori G, Manager at Best Western Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We are taking steps to ensure that our housekeeping and maintenance departments are routinely checking the toilet lids for any signs of mold, and severely apologize that you had any issues with it. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My problem with this hotel isn't really a problem with the hotel at all, my problem is Priceline increasing the star level of inferior properties.

This is a simple Best Western 2-star property, nothing more, nothing less. As a 2 star hotel they succeed in providing simple, clean but outdated accommodations.

Had i wanted a 2 star property and experience I would have booked one. Calling this property 3-star accommodations is absurd.

The room while clean was outdated. The bed had a decent mattress, the bedding was clean. The carpet was a bit old and grimy and the bathroom needed some major cleaning and updating.

The morning breakfast was simply ok. I do not like having to actually place an order and wait for someone to bring it out. I prefer just walking up, grabbing what I want and going on with my day.

Most of the staff I dealt with were friendly with the exception of the afternoon desk clerk who was dismissive and abrasive.

I suspect that if this property were given it's proper star rating the reviews would go up. As a 3-star property this place is an epic fail.

Room Tip: To get a good room, avoid bidding on 3-star properties in the Louisville East region on Priceline.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I hate to hear that you do not feel we are a 3 star hotel. We are making many changes here and appreciate your patience with making the upgrades and hope when you return, you will have a better experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed 1 night. The staff was awesome. Arrived late and they opened pool so kids could swim even though it was posted that the pool closed at 10PM. We didn't arrive until 10:30PM. Breakfast was OK but a little limited. Room was what I expected for price. It was clean and comfortable. Again, I want to state that the staff was so good. Funny and friendly even though we arrived late. No issue at all with check in. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lori G, Manager at Best Western Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I really enjoyed getting to meet you and your awesome kids, and was more than happy help. I hope you will come back and see us again soon!!