“low on my list”

Best Western Louisville East
Ranked #40 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We are best western customers but find this one low on our list. Breakfast was bad with small selection. Room carpet was dirty. Toilet seat was broken. Service was good.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My check-in was easy, and the clerk was very nice and polite. The lobby was spotless. The elevator we took to our room, on the third floor was clean for the most part. The room was very nice. The sheets did not have stains or odor, and the bed was comfortable. The drapes kept out most of the street lights. The floor we stayed on was quiet at night. The TV was a decent size, and worked without any problems, it also seemed to have more channels than most hotels do. The bathroom was a little small and smelled somewhat musty and there was some type of mold at the bottom of the shower curtain. But it was apparent that the toilet and shower had been cleaned before we arrived. The AC worked well and quickly, which was nice because it was nearly 95 outside. The pool area was very clean, but was crowded and a little small. There is also a restaurant and bar conveniently inside the hotel. Overall, we had a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank manny8929
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

This isint our normal type of hotel
We were in town for GWX in Sellersburg and decided to skip across the boarder and play in Louisville. Well let me tell you for all 5 of us had been traipsing around in the woods all day. We walked in and felt under dressed for staying in such a nice place. The hotel was nicly furnished and clean. Our room was nice as well. We had a 2 double queen room for th size of the rooms i would have thought the shower/ bathroom would have been bigger... but we like that the pool had late hours.... it made our kids very happy. Although the lady that came down and told us that the pool was closing was rude the front desk lady's that checked us in was friendly and so was the woman at checkout.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Pookeypoo2
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The front desk check in was good. The room size was ok, a little outdated, bathroom needs work. It appears Best Westerns have very small bathroom/shower area. Sinks are outside the bathroom which is strange. The sheets had some stains on them which made me a bit uncomfortable. The air conditioner has a smell to it.

Room Tip: Maybe stay on the top floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FBLVR
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I formerly lived in Louisville for 22 years, and now my son and his wife live there, so we travel to Louisville quite often. We always stay at the Best Western Louisville East on Bunsen Way (just off Hurstbourne Parkway) because of its close location to my son's residence. Also, the location is convenient to great shopping, restaurants and easily accessible to Interstate 64, but far enough from Hurstbourne Pkwy. to be quiet and easy to maneuver into and out of the parking lot. We have most always been relatively pleased with the service and the rooms at this Best Western, but during my recent stay just a couple of weekends ago, I was completely delighted!! it was, by far, the best experience I've ever had at this location. Check-in could not have been any easier and the clerk was so polite. It seems that the hotel is under new management and improvements have recently been made to the rooms. Everything from the lobby to the restaurant, the elevator, the pool area and the hallways were very clean. Our room, located on the 4th floor, was very nice. The television was new and the bed was quite comfortable. Each member of the hotel staff with whom we had contact were polite and personable. There were no "downsides" to my 3-night stay at the Louisville East Best Western, and we will most certainly stay there again on our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Davesgirl24
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This was our first night out on a 12 day trip and needed a room for one night. Arrived at hotel around 9:30 so they weren't busy. Easy, quick, and friendly check-in. Room on the third floor so used elevator. Now, when you get in an elevator, isn't the first thing you look at when the doors open, is the floor. It was very dirty on the threshold and the carpeting. Not very inviting.
The room was clean except for the carpet against the wall. Duh...crevice tool anyone? The fridge was not plugged in or the light on the night stand. Both worked when plugged in. I don't know if all the rooms were like our's since it was the last one at the end of the hall, but the layout was weird. The bathroom had the toilet wedged between the tub and the wall. The vanity was in the bedroom area across from the foot of the bed. There was a fan in the bathroom that sounded like a buzz saw...and right next to the toilet. The desk area was in an alcove with the fridge and microwave. No ceiling light...only table light. There was a closet but you couldn't open the door all the way because it hit the room door closer. Needed adjustment. The room was quiet (don't turn on bathroom fan) and the beds were comfortable. The hair dryer worked but the clips that hold it in the holder were missing. The ice machine didn't work on our floor, but the one by the lobby worked.
The breakfast was made to order instead of the usual help yourself type at most places. Choices were eggs or cheese omelet with bacon or sausage, potatoes(tater tots) and toast, or hot or cold cereal. I was ok but greasy.
There's lots of hotels in the area that cost more and would probably be nicer, but this was ok for the price under $70. I stayed there because I had a rewards card. Didn't stay on return trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I spent a weekend in Louisville due to a one day job on Monday. I chose to stay in this hotel strictly because of the rate. Also the location is convenient to most anywhere you might want to go. I was so pleasantly surprised! Upon my arrival, I was thanked for staying with them and told I had been upgraded. Everyone was very friendly and my room was terrific. The rooms are spacious, clean, have microwave and fridge, and numerous TV channel selections. The breakfast was so much better than the usual. I have already recommended this hotel to others and, when I return to Louisville, this is where I will stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business