Days Inn Louisville Central University & Expo Center
The Brown Hotel(Louisville)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2013

the room was fairly recently updated. it was very nice. we stay every year, on our way back home from florida. we will continue to stay every year. the breakfast is the best!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Ron P, Manager at Days Inn Louisville Central University & Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and nice comments. As you know our goal is to make every guest feel at home when they stay with us. I do appreciate you taking time out of your busy day and hope we will always live up to your expectations. Thanks Ron

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Close to UK campus, KY Expo Center, gas station (at hotel), and expressway. Keep your attention "tuned" while at the hotel--the barbed wire fences that surround it are likely there for a reason. A little rough around the edges, but the staff is helpful and the continental breakfast is fair. Overall, ok for a cheap, solo overnighter if your expectations aren't too high.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Ron P, Manager at Days Inn Louisville Central University & Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us at Days Inn Central. We know we are a older hotel, but we do try to make it better by giving you clean rooms and great service. As for the fence it was put up way before my time here, but my understanding the main reason it was put up was to stop people from using our parking lot as a short cut to the Arthur Street. Thank you for your comments and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit. Ron

Reviewed February 27, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Ron P, Manager at Days Inn Louisville Central University & Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Reviewed February 27, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My 3-year-old was sent to Kosair by ambulance and we were released at 4 am. We lived an hour away and I was completly exausted with. No way home until the next morning. They did give us a discount. The lady that checked us in was very nice.

However, the location was terrible. There was construction going on that litterally rattled the heater in the room. I did not feel safe there especially since my chain lock was broke. The room was ok, falling apart but at least somewhat clean. The comforters probably should have been cleaned or changed though.

The next morning, we did enjoy their free breakfast which was well stocked. The lady in the dinning room was very nice. But the lady at checkout provided terrible service. First of all she was gossiping and when I came to checkout she acted as if my presence there were an inconveinence. Then after she finally checked us out, as I was waiting for my husband, she continued talking about a confrontation with a housekeeper there and was cussing in front of my 3-year-old child. The whole situation was uncomfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012
Ron P, Manager at Days Inn Louisville Central University & Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I want to apologize for the inconvenience of recent stay with us at Days Inn Central. I know we have a older hotel and the one thing we try to do is keep our rooms clean and give great service as I know there is a lot of locations you can stay at. If possible I would like to know what day you checked out on so I can get with the clerk who did not treat you with the respect you deserve.
I do want to thank you for staying with us and I hope you will reconsider on returning and give us another chance. Thank you for taking time to fill out the survey and giving us feed back on what we need to do to be a better hotel. Ron