WINNER WONDERLAND

SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown
Ranked #28 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
“Reservation cancellation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I made reservation at this hotel for June 2014.. When I called to cancel these arrangements after finding out that she booked us in the wrong hotel. the rep was rude and hung up on me as soon as she found the reservation number. Totally unacceptable customer service.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Debbie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dera Darren B,
Thank you for your post,i sincerely apologize for your experience. I would really like to investigate what happened and who you spoke with. If you would like to contact me directly i can assure you i will address the situation immediately. I can be reached directly at 502-855 5000.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Gelnhausen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for just over a month. Staff is very professional and always friendly and willing to help. Rooms are clean, big and well maintained. Cleaning staff does a nice job and even adds extra touches with towel art animal forms in your room (always put a smile on my face). Location is very convenient to downtown. You can walk just about everywhere. Breakfast is ok...nothing elaborate by any means. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: I think higher is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank peterpilot379
Debbie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Peterpilot379,

Thank you so much for the Raving Review of your recent stay with us, i cannot tell you how much i appreciate you taking the time to post your review. I will be sharing your comments with the team and let them know how much they impacted your stay with us.
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

A friend of mine booked this hotel using the Priceline name your own price and we were able to book it for $85.00 a night, stellar deal. I would say it is a decent location not a great location. Everything is walking distance which is fantastic, 5 minute walk to Fourth Street Live, but we did encounter a few bums on our way back to the hotel a few nights as well as the smell of weed a few times in the parking garage. Also had to pass an adult toy shop to get to the main strip. The continental breakfast was nice with fresh fruit, coffee, a few hot items, with a nice view of the city. We ended up taking it back to the room because the dining area was freezing. The rooms were fantastic very roomy, comfortable beds, and modern décor. We didn't use the maid service since we were only there for 2 nights. The walls are thin, we had several bachelor and bachelorettes parties on our floor who were quite loud as they departed but quiet as we slept. All in all a great trip! Also Mark the shuttle driver was fabulous took us to Churchill Downs and always said hello if he saw us! Great staff extremely friendly!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TravelingCouple0913
Debbie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Lauriegirl23,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Springhill Suites Louisville Downtown. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to address the AC levels in the Breakfast Area with the Maintenance Team and make sure that they keep an eye on the temperature.
Thank you again, my team and i really appreciate the feedback.
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We came into town for a concert and arrived pretty early. I thought we would be told to come back later when we attempted to check in, but the front desk clerk was super friendly and set us up with a room that satisfied all of our requests. We were very pleased to be able to freshen up and change after arriving in town and were able to start our tourist activities immediately without having to worry about coming back to check in and where to leave the car. The room was large and clean and the free breakfast was great. Parking on-site was super convenient and very reasonably priced as well with unlimited in and out privileges.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jen C
Dear Jen C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that the team was able to accomodate your early arrival and get your stay off to such a great start. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
Thank you again for the review.
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We booked two rooms through Priceline at a great rate of $69 a room. We were just passing through Town on our way to Chicago and were looking for something accessible off the highway. This hotel is connected to the Fairfield inn and both are run through Marriott. The parking is $10 a night even if you park in the handicap spaces outside rather than in the secured parking garage which is rather silly. When you name your own rate you get whatever room they choose to give you, so we received one handicap king and one regular king room. The non handicap room has a frosted glass partition to separate a workspace area and has separate toilet / shower area where as the other is all in one bathroom. Each room was clean for the most part. Our sheets were stained but we just removed them. The beds were super comfortable! A great mix of soft and firm. There was plenty of pillows to rest your head on and the toiletries in the bathroom were nice Paul Mitchell products. I LOVE that the shower head was also a handheld so I could wash my little ones with ease. The free breakfast was very nice but overly crowded with nowhere to sit, so we grabbed some fruit to go. I must warn people that yes, this hotel is in the heart of the city which also makes it in the direct flight path of the planes coming and going from the airport. It's rather loud. Not to mention the hotel is located next to a hospital and we heard our share of ambulances all night. But overall the front desk man Quentin ? Was very personable and friendly and the accommodations were excellent for that rate. I would return for the same rate.

Stayed May 2014
Dear BKTK,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, i truly appreciate it. I will be sharing your comments with the team.
I am sorry you found the hotel to be noisy at night with the hospital traffic.
Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Clean, modern, friendly staff, exactly what I expect to see in a Marriott! Convenient location to a lot of nightlife downtown. Definitely recommended! Parking garage is a little confusing and inconvenient to get to but not a big deal :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Greg M
Dear Greg M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Springhill Suites Louisville Downtown. I am always thrilled to hear from guests when we exceed their expectations. My Team and I are constantly looking for ways to improve our guests experience and your feedback is a great tool for this. I will be sure to pass your comments along to team.
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

We were looking for something close to Spalding University and found this one. We needed three rooms and were looking to pay about $100.00 a night. They came in at $105.00 with some various discounts that we used. Rooms were nice, pool was perfect for my son and the wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The breakfast room was huge and we went there to play cards and cut up a little with family. Had a blast and would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Pick the scenic side, we were looking at downtown which is better than looking at a hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Debbie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Eagledude,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Springhill Suites Louisville Downtown. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I completely agree with you, the breakfast area is a fantastic place to hangout !
I am always so grateful to hear from our guests and my team and i are always looking for ways to improve out services.