SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown
The Brown Hotel(Louisville)
$229
$199
  • Restaurant
All reviewstoilet areaparking garagewithin walking distanceconvention centerthe breakfast areapull out sofayum centerlouisville downtownfront desk stafffree breakfastthe shuttle driverper dayroom was spaciouswould stay here againindoor poolhotel is in a great locationtwo queen beds
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We visited over Spring Break 2013. Unfortunately the weather was unseasonable cold in Louisville, but we enjoyed the hotel quite a bit. The pool was fun for the 4 kids in our group--ages 7-9. We also went to the breakfast lounge one night and had our own indoor picnic. There were a few other groups doing the same thing and there was plenty of room to spread out. The hotel was a short walk from the main downtown tourist area which we walked to a few times. We were also a few minute drive from the Louisville Slugger factory, a very worthwhile stop on any vacation agenda.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Debbie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Cubbie_Doug,
Thank you fro taking the time to post a review of your stay at our Springhill Suites during Spring Break. I am sorry to hear that the weather was not great and am happy to hear you made the best of it !
Our Breakfast area is a great location for an indoor picnic, i am so glad you had room to spread out. I am keeping my fingers crossed that your plans next year take you to a sunnier location. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was in Louisville for the Ironman. I was with my family and we had three rooms and we stayed for four nights. I was very impressed with the service, the rooms and the location of this establishment. We were very happy that just about everything we wanted to do was within walking distance.

I felt they went over and above for the athletes and their families over the few days of the Ironman. They had water, gatorade & nutrition bars available consistently as well as many photocopied sheets of information about the race & locations. This was priceless really!

I will certainly stay again.

Dear Racingrl,
I wanted to send a quick thank you for your recent stay and review of our Springhill Suites! We really appreciate you taking the time to post about your visit to our hotel. Our goal is to have every guest leave 100% satisfied and I was thrilled to read we exceeded your expectations. Ironman is an event that our entire team looks forward too each year. Once again, thanks for posting a detailed review of your stay with us. We really appreciate you choosing our hotel while in Louisville and hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Staff is friendly, rooms clean....money must be tight because they turned off aircon in all hallways...92 degrees and stifling going from room to elevators..strange strategy...beds are super soft and must be latex...hot hot hot at night...wont stay here again,, but kudos to the people,,they do a good job.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Brad,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay. I would like to apologize for the temperature of the hallways, we did in fact have an issue with our AC unit. I am happy to say we have that issue corrected now. It is always wonderful to hear that our associates provided outstanding service, i will be sure to pass your comments along to them.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

stayed here 2 nights mid august. when we were checking in we noticed many groups of women coming and going through the lobby- was informed that there were a bunch of bachelorette parties going on. turned out that one group was in the room next to ours, but luckily we could not hear any of their chatter through the walls. there were also many family groups there with way more kids than could have been in a single family- thus must have been pool party groups- which were later confirmed by the crowds at the tiny pool! as mentioned by others, the hall way carpets were really gross and stained up. although the rooms were modern, the way the bathroom was configured (a separate room for the shower/sink and another for the toilet and tiny corner sink) it was sort of a nuisance. they did not have traditional doors- rather a sliding panel of frosted glass. this meant that if you needed to use the bathroom at night, when others were sleeping, you could not use the light as it would light up the entire sleeping room. also, this property shared the lot (and maybe even pool?) with another Marriott brand so the lot was full. Breakfast needed more seating- the room was set up more like a lounge with tall boys, couches and a few tables.
Booked this as we were a family of 4 so the 2 beds and a pull out, as well as a fridge and the breakfast seemed like it would be the best for our needs. However, the hotel should put limits on the number of folks that can occupy a room as there were many party groups there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Debbie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your comments. It is always our goal to ensure that each guest has an excellent experience. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay. I have shared your comments with our management team here and we will be looking at ways to improve our hotel based on your feedback.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed overnight in Louisville. I reserved the Queen suite because it included a sofabed. We were two adults (me and my sister) and two teenagers (son and daughter). The hotel was easy to find, the clerk was very pleasant and warmly greeted us. We had a room on the 6th floor and the carpet in the hallway was stained and had an eerie pattern that made your eyes bounce. The room appeared beautiful when we walked in-there was a sofa bed and two queens. But, we immediately noticed that the sofa was stained as were the dust covers on both beds and the carpet. The sheets appeared clean as did the bathroom. We opened the sofa bed to see the inside--nasty! And,the mattress was nothing more than a thin pad ! My son ended up sharing the bed with his aunt. The sheets and pillows on the beds appeared clean and the quality of the mattresses were good. The hotel was full so we did not ask for a different room. It just seemed that they needed to either deep clean or replace the carpet, the dust covers and the sofa. The rest of the stay was nice. The breakfast was terrific, and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Debbie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Gem0607,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us at the SpringHill Suites Louisville. I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. I have spoken with my Housekeeping Manager and can assure you the issues in your room were addressed. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and hope that you will return to our property, when you are in town next.
Warm Regards,