“Great New Hotel”

SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown
Ranked #28 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hotel is very new and has the new Springhill Suites layout. The room layout is decent and there is plenty of room to relax and unwind or catch up on e-mail. The breakfast is pretty typical of this type of mid-range hotel so I usually steer clear and look for healthier fresh fruit options. There is no restaurant in the hotel for dinner but several places to eat are a short walk away and some deliver. The showerhead can be described in one word. Frustrating. It provides a very fine mist of water. I believe the sink has a higher GPM rate.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Employees went above and beyond during our stay. The hotel was very clean and modern (yet tastefully) decorated. Could use some more space in the rooms/lobby/lounge/breakfast area. Overall very satisfied!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is my second time staying in Louisville for an overnight while on a long drive. First time at this hotel. This hotel was fine and the price was fine for a clean room, free breakfast, and nice staff.

I guess I am getting spoiled by the high quality at other suite hotels however because there were little things here and there that nagged at me. The "free internet" never worked. Normally this is not a problem for me, but I had an important work task to finish and specifically selected this hotel because of the free internet in the room. Never got it. The swimming pool is tiny, but that is nothing out of the ordinary. The free breakfast was a madhouse the morning we went. It was a Friday and we went down at 8:30 (it ends at 9). I was really surprised at how few items were refilled. Previous reviewers noted it was a great breakfast and it would have been if the items were restocked. But there was a full half hour left and several items stayed empty liked donuts, cereal, and plain bagels.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank joCChicago
sdfgj, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent visit to the SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown and for the opportunity to address your concerns. I truly regret that the complimentary high speed internet service was not available the night of your stay. Our router had crashed and we had a new one sent overnight and installed the next day. Although any downtime with this service is an inconvenience, I want to assure you we worked with our service provider to resolve the situation as fast as possible. I apologize the complimentary breakfast buffet was not fully stocked and can certainly understand your disappointment. I have shared your comments with our team so that we can better service our guests in the future. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and regain your trust.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed for one night. Easy access from expressway, check in was fine. Parking is $10/day for the garage adjacent to the hotel. We stayed in 3 Springhill Suites over the course of a week. This one felt a bit more cramped than the others. Walking distance to restaurants - they have a nice walking city map available at the desk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Louisville . Our convenient location makes the hotel an ideal overnight stop for those guests "just passing through". Our guests also enjoy the convenience of our downtown location since we are within walking distance to many restaurants and entertainment venues. We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to our town and introduce you to one of Louisville's "original" restaurants.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very nice hotel. Great breakfast choices. Clean and comfortable. This is the first time in a long time that I actually have seen employees in hotel REALLY like their jobs. The internet was down with a promise to get it fix, but never happened. Over all I'm so glad we stayed here.

Room Tip: There aren't pop machines and ice machines on every floor. You go to the hotel connected to this...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, in downtown Louisville, I usually stay at the Marriott Downtown while in Louisville, however it was completely booked and the next best thing was the Springhill Suites. I was pleasantly surprised. It was very nice and very modern. It is a couple of blocks farther walk, but it was much cheaper also. So I guess that balances. But I would definitely stay here again. The extra walk gives me a bit of exercise. Enjoyed the room and a great value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

For a downtown location, you can't do much better. Easy on/easy off highway location, plus convenient ramp parking. I love the Euro-style bathroom division; toilet and a small sink behind one sliding door, the full sink and glass-enclosed shower stall in another. Works great if you have two people needing to get ready in the morning.

I was on the 8th floor in a corner room, so I was exposed to two exterior walls and I found my room to be cold. Even with the heater cranked to 74, it never warmed up enough for the heater to turn off. Clearly a bit drafty in the winter. Friends in other rooms that were more insulated didn't appear to have that issue.

Room Tip: Avoid corner rooms in the winter (I was in 801 or 802 with two exposed walls). Made for a drafty exp...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business