“Over rated!”

Wild Eggs
Ranked #22 of 1,757 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: East Louisville
“Over rated!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2008

My husband and I both dined at Wild Eggs earlier this year in August. We heard a lot of good things and went to try it out. The wait for a table was long, but understandable given the restaurant's popularity. It took 45 minutes for a table-approximately 15 more than the hostess predicted. With that we were seated. I ordered the Frank's cakes and my husband ordered The Crispy Hippie Crunch with a side of Bacon. We both got orange juice to drink.

First of all my pancakes were not anything special and tasted like a mix. My first order was also burned so I had to wait for replacements while my husband ate his waffles. At the same time his bacon was overcooked and dry. I actually had to argue to get the issue corrected and our server seemed uninterested. The waffles however were nice and topped with a wild berry compote. They were however a bit too sweet and over sweetened with sugar-I didn't know that was possible with breakfast food. The orange juice was good, but not quite what I expected for fresh squeezed.

Unfortunately it took forever for me to receive our check.

I won't be coming back any time soon.

2 Thank NikkiCyclist

“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

I shouldn't be writing this because I don't want more people to discover it. But here goes.
This my favorite for lunch or breakfast!
The food is hearty, large portions, and everthing tastes wonderful! The staff has always been friendly. Weekends expect to wait, but they at least have coffee available near the counter to help while you wait.
My favorite is the stuffed french toast. Stuffed with cream cheese, blueberries, strawberries then topped with whipped cream. Yummy!
Yes, the front staff could be a little friendlier but wait staff and food make up for it. I highly recommend Wild Eggs.

2 Thank ChgoHoneyBear
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I have had 5 different breakfast dishes here and all of them have been very tasty. Great service and quick too. Yum.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2008

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Biscuits & Gravy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2008

The atmosphere is really great, and the menu has a ton to choose from. My husband got the biscuits and gravy and it was amazing. I'm not sure what exactly was in it and it looked different than your grandma's gravy, but it was 100 times better. It had so much flavor and spice, it was worth the wait to get seated. The only real downside to our experience was my pancakes. "Violet you're turning violet," was the name of the dish, but the blueberries were kind of scarce. Also, I ordered it with sugar free syrup, but they dumped a ton of powdered sugar all over them. I ate some of the biscuits and gravy instead and had an everything muffin. Be sure to get one of those, it was awesome. Overall, it was good, even though I won't get the pancakes again.

1 Thank ammango
Louisville, Kentucky
“Favorite Weekend Brunch Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2008

This fabulous eatery in the Dupont area opened with a bang and has continued to stay packed full of happy patrons. The food is delicious and inventive. Try the Kalamity Katie's Border Benedict if you want a southwest twist on the traditional eggs benedict. Or if you have more of a sweet tooth, try the Dulce de Leche french toast which is covered in praline sauce and a mound of whipped cream.....yumm! The decor is also fun and funky with the panel of hollowed birds eggs and the cute egg-shaped salt and pepper shakers. It's a sure bet!

2 Thank FleurdeLisFoodie