“"Wild" & Wonderful (& FUN) Breakfast”
Review of Wild Eggs

Wild Eggs
Ranked #18 of 1,767 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Indianapolis
“"Wild" & Wonderful (& FUN) Breakfast”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Another GREAT Breakfast spot with a wide array of interesting choices. I had the House-made Cinnamon roll, Baked & Served in a cast iron skillet, topped with Vanilla Bean icing ($4.99). About 6" of candy-like delight - maybe a million calories - served really hot with an almost caramelized bottom crust like a 'Cinnamon Crisp'. Superb! I made it "Healthy" with a generous side of "fresh" fruit ($3.99) and a very decent cup of coffee(bottomless) ($2.75). My wife had the House made granola - dried bananas,cranberries, golden raisins,apricots, almonds, and pecans - in a good vanilla yogurt $(7.49). She absolutely loved it and paired it with a perfectly browned English Muffin ($1.25). Every aspect of the meal was perfect and the service was professional and friendly. As we were driving, we were unable to participate in their full bar specializing in Mimosa ($6.25) and Chocolate Coffee Kiss ($6.95) (A shame!). The menu included many and varied items; and by my count 6 dishes of Spanish/Mexican descent that sound very tasty. The "Wild Egg" should be a regular Breakfast haunt, in spite of the less than adequate parking. We shall return soon and often.

• Visited December 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Glorious Breakfast”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

For those of us that love breakfast at any time of the day, this is your place. he meal is absolutely delicious and breakfast the way it was meant to be done. Don't miss out on this one breakfast fans!

Visited December 2013
Huntington, New York
“Great food, served warm...”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This restaurant gets a 3 rating as opposed to 4 cause as my grandmother always said, "I wouldn't pay 2 cents for a cold meal." Well, I'm also not thrilled about paying $10 for a barely warm one. Aside from the temperature issue, the food here is GREAT. Seriously great. The parking is EXTREMELY minimal so be prepared to walk a good distance or drive in circles for a bit, but this isn't the restaurant's fault. The wait can be long too. We went on a late Tuesday morning and still had to wait for 20 minutes. Not a huge concern though, as we just asked for menus to browse at and it helped us order as soon as we were seated to save on time. We dined on the Apple Bourbon Crepes, Bennies Gone Wild and a Truffle Scrambler (which I am sure had a different name but is no longer on the online menu.) ALL were superb and a GREAT and pleasant "detour" from a boring and bland breakfast. It is a nice step-up from the basic breakfast and a welcoming treat to know a "chain" like this exists in Louisville. I just wish the meal was a bit hotter... or hot. Either way, I would return even though I am not the biggest fan of cold eggs. The breakfasts were so good that after awhile we got past the fact that they were "cold." Please visit this great breakfast place though if you are in the area. It truly is a treat.

• Visited October 2013
Ashland, Kentucky
“ long wait, toss up on food ”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We visited on Veteran's Day and waited nearly an hour for a table despite seeing plenty of open ones through the window. There is a serious lack of parking here too. My husband circled the lot, dropped me off and found a spot a 5 minute walk away. Luckily it was a holiday Monday or we probably would have gotten towed. We then had to stand outside while we waited. I'm not sure it was worth it... If we hadn't gone out of our way to eat here en route home on I-64, based on reviews and rankings, we would have left before being seated. (there are two other
Wild Eggs in Louisville, this location is in a busy medical area). The decor is very plain but the restaurant appeared clean. When we were finally seated, our server was obviously busy and walked past several times without acknowledging us. Coffee when it came was plentiful though, as it is served in pots.
My husbands breakfast, 'Kalamity Katie's border Benedict' was very unique and an absolutely delicious combination of flavors. the grits served with it were amazing too. I know because I ate half of it as My Frito Bandito Fritatta was bland
and dry. Very disappointing. Needless to say, we will be looking for another breakfast spot on our next trip to Louisville.

Jacksonville FL
“Enjoyed Breakfast”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Found this restaurant here on tripadvisor and was not disappointed. We got there before 9a n was seated right away. Shortly after the resturant moving with customers. Be advised call ahead u won't be disappointed. I had Surfer Girl omlette, never had any thing like very good.

• Visited November 2013