“had to have the complete tourist lunch!”
Review of J Grahams Cafe

J Grahams Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
J Grahams Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,785 Restaurants in Louisville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
houston
“had to have the complete tourist lunch!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived at the Brown Hotel about 11:40 AM and were told we couldn't order lunch until noon. I wanted to try the namesake Hot Brown, which was available all day, but my husband wanted something else. They were happy to make us a mint julep and the waitress said she'd see if the chef could start a bit earlier. They seemed to make a fuss over something that turned into no big deal. At any rate, the Hot Brown was very large and not exactly what I expected...huge hunks of turkey as opposed to slices, and fairly bland cheese sauce, but still tasty. My husband's Panini was excellent. The Derby Pie for dessert was super tasty. As for the mint julep...glad I tried one, but too sweet for my taste. The $14 charge per drink was ridiculously excessive. If you want to sample, find another place to do it!

Visited June 2013

Evansville, Indiana
“POOR SERVICE IN RESTAURANT”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Over priced menu with poor service. We only visited the restaurant so cannot comment on hotel rooms. The $18 infamous Brown Sandwich tasted mediocre at best. We were never offered drinks and the $20 lunch buffet only thing offered - no children menus offered although they do have them. On our way out we complained (nicely I might add) to the restaurant manager and she completely snubbed us - made us feel worthless.

Moberly, Missouri
“Great reputation sadly dissapointed.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I came to Louisville to see my grandaughter dance in a recital. The recital was at the Brown Theatre. As a treat we decided to eat at the J Morgan in the Brown Hotel. We ordered and they brought the adults food before the childrens. The hamburger they brought to my granddaughter was wrong so we sent it back. It took so long to get the second one everyone else was done eating. I went to take a drink of water and discovered that my glass was cracked. When we mentioned this to the matradee he offered free desserts. I was sadly dissapointed in the whole experience.

• Visited June 2013
USA
“Excellent Breakfast!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Ate the French toast rolled in rice krispies. Excellent! Our waitress could not have been nicer! Great overall selection!

Visited May 2013
Alexandria
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I ordered Half-Turkey Club with a fruit cup, as did another guest with me. The sandwich was absolutely delicious, with texas toast-style bread and thick-cut bacon. The fruit "cup" was huge and contained a great assortment of melon, fresh sweet pineapple, huge strawberries and perfect blueberries.

Visited May 2013