“The best lunch in Louisville.”
Review of J Grahams Cafe

J Grahams Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
J Grahams Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,801 Restaurants in Louisville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed January 17, 2012

My recommendation for the best lunch in Louisville is J. Grahams Cafe for their beautiful and oh-so-delicious buffet. The restaurant is in the historic Brown Hotel and is, in fact, reputed to be the place where the famous "Hot Brown" sandwich was concocted. This is a delicious hot sandwich with turkey, tomato, bacon, cheese and a creamy sauce on toast that has to be tasted to fully appreciate the combination. This is the place to take someone for quality food with good ingredients and real preparation in a classy atmosphere. We are always greeted by name and warmly welcomed as though we are old friends. The buffet will include soup, green salads, pasta, meat, poultry, fish, vegetables and an impressive selection of beautiful desserts. It is also near the trolley stop.

There are newer reviews for J Grahams Cafe

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I love Hot Browns--open-faced turkey sandwiches covered with cheesy mornay sauce, crisp bacon, and tomatoes. This delightful dish originated at the Brown Hotel in Louisville, and J. Graham's is part of the hotel complex. My husband and I really enjoyed having the perfect Hot Brown in a pleasant, well lit, and comfortable environment, with very good service.

In the past, the Hot Browns I've eaten elsewhere usually had at least one area that was burned, but not at J. Graham's--every bite was perfectly cooked and presented. Yum!

Reviewed January 6, 2012

The buffet at J Graham's was amazing. Beef tenderloin was one of the entrees. They have a pastry chef that makes multple desserts for this buffet. It's not your average buffet!

Reviewed December 10, 2011

OK, maybe I have never really had a bad Hot Brown, but I can honestly say that as far as I am concerned, I haven't. I was very excited to go to the birthplace of the Hot Brown as I am kind of a foodie. I was not disappointed. It was the best I have ever had. Every thing was top notch. Great atmosphere, but more importantly great food. The bread pudding and caramel sauces was to die for. They have a buffet that had many of the same things on the menu. I highly recommend lunch here. For two people, it was less that $50 for everything including tip. It was a GREAT experience. There is free valet service or parking garage in the back.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

I loved the Derby pie and my cup of coffee. Perfect end to a perfect one day business trip!