“Lunch today”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: On West Jefferson between 2nd and 3rd Street
Description: Whether coming in for our award winning breakfast or diner's choice, lunch and dinner menu, BLU restaurant features bold craveable food using regional ingredients prepared with skillful restraint to showcase their clean natural flavors. We offer over 65 bourbons including many that cannot be found anywhere else in the city.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Arrived about an hour before my business meeting started and had to get some lunch. The BLU was in the hotel and I went there. I do have to say that the food was very good as far as lunch goes. A turkey sandwich that was good and a cup of Tuscan soup, which for me was excellent. Service was good so no complaints. My company is hosting the dinner so I will not get to experience the evening meals at the BLU. I would rate it very good.

David R, Manager at BLU Italian Grille, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your review pertaining to your lunch in BLU. We know that in the Downtown area there are many choices for lunch so we appreciate your trying out the restaurant. Hopefully your company hosted banquets were equally as good. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We should have stayed in the pub next door. Dinner was Ok. No major problems. Expected more 'wow' taste from the food based on the atmosphere. Don't judge a book by its cover.

David R, Manager at BLU Italian Grille, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Sue,
Let me first tthank you for your review pertaining to your recent experience at Blu Mediteranian Grill. Feedback whether it be positive or constructive is crucial for any restaurant to grow. I have recently moved in to the position of Director of Food and Beverage for the hotel and will be following trip advisor closely for insight in to our performance.

Concerning youre particular experience I am sorry that we did not offer a meal that Wowed the senses. Obviously we strive to create a flawless experience both in food and service. I would love for you to return to the restaurant and perhaps we can show improve upon your last visit and offer a few special touches as well.

Thank you again for your time.
David Rowland
Director of Food and Beverage
Louisville Marriott Downtown

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The food is better than average but not standing out enouh to merit a very good. I would give it a good.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Dinner at Blu on New Years Eve was fantastic. The food was amazing and so was the service. My girlfriend and I along with my parents enjoyed the service and good immensely, including the two managers on duty who helped with the service including our waiter. Thanks Kristen Katie and Gui for a great New Years Eve.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great service and location.
This restaurants sits in the lobby of the Marriott in Downtown Louisville, very close to 4th St.
Visited for the breakfast buffet, and although they had a great variety, the food and taste were just okay. Nothing that stood out.