“Authentic Arab food in the states”
Review of Alwatan Restaurant

Alwatan Restaurant
Ranked #345 of 1,767 Restaurants in Louisville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Authentic Arab food in the states”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My family and I ate her for a little change of pace while we were in Louisville. It did not disappoint, i have had Arab food in multiple Middle eastern countries and i enjoyed the Shwarma here best. Im not a Falafal kind of guy, but my wife enjoyed them alot, and the kids had chicken shwarma sandwiches, that they ate all of. If we ever pass through again, we will def stop by.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank GDGandTBiggs

Louisville, Kentucky
“Overstuffed gyro.”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I enjoyed the Lamb gyro lunch special today. For the mere pittance of $6.49 I received pita bread overflowing with tender and flavorful lamb gyro meat. The tzatziki sauce had a nice tang to it and the lettuce and tomato added a nice brightness to the rich lamb. A crispy order of fries and a Coca+Cola round out the combo. This meal could actually be split if 2 people tend toward eating a bit lighter than do I.

Alwatan is a definite little jewel on Klondike Ln. just off Hikes Ln. Along with the gyro they offer the normal suspects one would expect at a Middle Eastern/Mediterranean eatery and they do it well.

• Visited July 2011
5 Thank Doogymon
Louisville, KY
“Best falafel in town”
Reviewed July 8, 2008

A friend told me about this place and I had a hard time finding it but it was worth it, this is a great little restaurant. I have now been there at least a dozen times. Everything I have tried has been exceptional. Best bets are the falafel sandwich, hummus and the baba ganoush. They have tender grilled meats and the freshest pita in town.

2 Thank Traveler1357