“Good food and lots of it”

Safier Mediterranian Deli
Ranked #87 of 1,828 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed November 28, 2013

If you are looking for a fancy sit down restaurant, this is not the place. This is a deli with a few tables and chairs to sit and enjoy, and the food was good, reasonable, and fast. The tabbouleh is mostly parsley (which I really love) and the hummus was very good - two of my tests for a good Mediterranean restaurant. I'd definitely eat there again if I'm in the area.

1  Thank lynhe

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The menu has a good selection of Mediterranian favorites at reasonable prices. I've had better food, and worse, and I would eat there again when I'm in the area.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The server was very friendly and helpful, the prices low and and the food flavorful. The interior is not much to brag on is about the only downside.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been to several Mediterranian resturants in Louisville. Hands down this is the best one so far. Food was fresh and tasty. Falalel was perfect, crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. I also had a meat shawerma sandwich it was huge and was really juicy. The fatoush salad was yummy.

Perfect place for a casual Meditterranian experience.

1  Thank Ahmed E
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I wanted to get out of the hotel for a quick meal and saw the good ratings, so I tried it out. I am being a bit charitable to call it average. It would be average for a shish kabob stand in the mall's food court. I had the kabob dinner, which I "upgraded" to include the Greek salad. Everything was served on a single partitioned plastic plate. The salad was nice and fresh and the dressing was good. The rice, while plentiful, was at room temperature and the kabob, which was served far too quickly to have been cooked to order, was barely warm. The plastic wrapped half pita was thin, cold and hard. I think it may have been left over from lunch. That said, the beef was tender. I finished with a small piece of baklava for$1.50 that was served chilled and tasted like it came from a factory. The pulverized filling inside the unremarkable filo had nothing recognizable as a nut in it. The clerk was friendly enough, but I was unimpressed. To me, it is hardly a gem in the rough. It is just a place for a so-so meal on a plastic plate for between $10 and $15.

1  Thank Matt W