“One of my favorites”

Ranked #374 of 1,821 Restaurants in Louisville
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to this place at least 1-2 times per month for several years and it's one of my favorite restaurants. They have several entrees that I really love. Their pad thai is one of the best I've had at any Thai restaurant. Firecracker chicken is also excellent, with walnuts a spicy, tasty sauce.

Probably my favorite meal is spicy Thai basil chicken with wide noodles. It has wasabi peas and is just loaded with flavor. It is similar to "drunken noodles" commonly offered at most Thai restaurants but has even more flavor. Other tasty appetizers include potstickers, spring rolls, crab rangoon, and lettuce rolls.

Give this place a try. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was there opening weekend. I've been there hundreds of times since then, so it pains me to say that in the case of at least one dish, while still very fresh, YKN appears to be skimping on content (or at least the main portion). Yes I know the restaurant business has razor thin margins, I got out of it for that reason.

Firecracker chicken is presented with more water chesnuts than bird, that's a disgrace and not at all the way the dish used to be, chock full of larger pieces of chicken too. It's been this way for several years now, knowing this dish very well. I have met the owner and his son and like them alot, I just leave YKN more often than not disappointed. Very sad and wish this wasn't the case.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Still love this place. Love the owner who is never far from the action and who jumps in to help whenever needed. They make GREAT NOODLES!! OODLES OF NOODLES! I have yet to be disappointed and just thinking about it is making me hungry! And make sure you grab a Vietnamese coffee while there. So super sweet and so yummy!! Definitely the best Vietnamese coffee I have had in town. And I love vietnamese coffee!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Yang Kee Noodle gives me 100's of choices for freshly prepared oriental food. Choose from listed menu items or build your own with choice of meat, veggies, sauces, and rice or noodles. Always taste great brought to your table in minutes!!! Located at Oxmoor center mall with outside entrance.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

What started as a food oasis during shopping visits has turned into a weekly ritual. Try the firecracker chicken and add pineapple.