“Best of the Irish”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clifton
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Have been going here for years. I have been to many Irish restaurants in different cities and this one is the best.Service is good, and the food is always excellent.We even had our daughters wedding reception dinner upstairs and the wedding party that lived in Denver were all impressed with the service and food.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Even the twins (age five) enjoyed themselves. Wait staff very understanding and patient with children.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

When you are in the mood for authentic Irish Fish and Chips, you need to head to the Irish Rover in Louisville! From the perfect pub atmosphere to the Irish draft beer, you are in for a real treat. Our waiter brought out the homemade breads and butter for us to have with our beer! There is Irish soda bread and a nice sourdough bread. I think that the sourdough goes best with beer. My fish and chips arrived very hot from the kitchen. I was in the mood for some of their delicous slaw that is perfect with the fish. It is some of the best slaw I have ever had in any restaurant! The serving was quite generous, so I had some left that I was able to take home to have for lunch the following day. There are many items on the menu, so you can certainly find something to please you! In the summer, on nice evenings, you might want to sit at one of the outside tables that run along the front of the Irish Rover facing Frankfort Avenut. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

love this place. The fish and chips are to die for. Great beer selection. Definitely a place to sit with friends and family and enjoy an evening of great food and people.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went to the Irish Rover once in June 2013, but had to leave Louisville before we got the chance to visit again. Too bad. The Rover provided good service and good food. I started with the Bubble & Squeak, and it was delicious; I could have lived on it. I followed with the Cottage Pie. I'm not a big fan of bread bowls, but the contents were great. We finished full and happy, as everyone enjoyed the food.