“Slowest Service for the Most Poorly Executed Food”

P F Chang's China Bistro
Ranked #290 of 1,851 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Chinese, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I were in town to pick up my dog from the vet after emergency surgery and decided to stop for lunch. PF Chang's was nearby and looked like a nice change from rushed fast food of late. What we got however was an inattentive server, slow service, and poor quality food that came out bland, over cooked, and over dressed with flavorless oils. It literally took us over an hour and a half to get lunch and get out of there, even after we told the server we were in somewhat of a rush. 15+ minutes for one appetizer, 20+ for one small bowl of soup, and about another 30+ minutes for the entree. After this experience I don't think I'll ever be back to a PF Chang's. I'd rather go to McDonalds.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is an upscale Asian American chain. Not that they serve American food mind you but Asian type dishes made to accomodate American taste. This usually result in sweet tasting dishes and PF Chang is no expcetion. The food is like any other Chinese restaurant but the ambiance of the restaurant is upscale and posh.

I went there for lunch and had to wait a good 20 minuted for the server to come around. Management compensated this by giving us an appetizer of Salad wrapt, which was a nice gesture. However, service continues to be slow or very slow for that matter. No question they tried their best. Let's hope they get it right the next time.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Always wanted to try this place so I did while at training in the area. Everything was good and the best was the staff, super friendly and the seemed like they wanted u there. Now to the rest... I see NO DIFFERENCE in the food here as u would find at any "mom and pop" Chinese place. The store itself is much more upscale and the servers are dressed in slacks and buttoned down shirts. The prices are higher than any other Chinese place that I have ever eaten at, $16 dollars for lunch.

Again, the wait staff was super and that was the only plus I found. I did get to look at the bar and from the appearance they have about any adult beverage u could want. Undecided if I would go back as u can get the same quality food at any Chinese buffet in my opinion.

1  Thank kycop604
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you want lots of flavor in a healthy snack, P.F. Chang's is a good choice if you order well. In the first place, most Asian restaurants in America are way too high in sodium to be considered healthy. Add to that the prevalence of quickly metabolized white rice and noodles, and they can be a foolhardy choice. But P.F. Chang's offers a delicious appetizer of lettuce rolls filled with seasoned chicken and veggies. I order it to be prepared with low salt, and it's not only more delicious, but so much healthier. Would like to see it prepared with less sweetening, though. Chang's also has the healthier brown rice option, which I would like to see at every Asian restaurant. We always order the hot and sour soup too, which is loaded with flavor, pleasantly spicy, and very filling. The spring rolls are delicious with the dipping sauces. Another thing I like about Chang's is the music--a good beat, and a nice change with interesting world music.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great place to eat. The service is always good when ever I eat at this location. The employees are attentive & friendly. Will eat here again.