Queen of Sheba
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Driving down Taylorsville Road I probably would not have noticed this restaurant or wanted to stop there but when I came across it online it looked interesting. We went there for lunch today and were not disappointed! The four of us chose to have the food served all on one large plate. That makes it easy to reach across and try everybody's food! The entrees are spicy with curry and lots of other tasty seasonings. Everyone enjoyed their own meal and some of mine too. The food is served on top of a thin bread which also comes in a basket rolled up like little crepes. The custom is to use little pieces of the bread to pick up your food. If you are too hungry or impatient to eat with the bread or your fingers, they also provide forks. The hot tea is seasoned with cloves which actually go pretty well with the spicy food but I would prefer plain tea. We split a piece of baklawa for dessert. I would go back again.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

The food here was decent. It was a nice change. I would go again. The staff was pleasant and accommodating.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Wonderful, magnificent food with a variety of options.

Don't understand why this is classified as a "buffet" on TripAdvisor. You can order individual portions, but the food is primarily delivered "family style" to your table.

I didn't have everything on the menu - but wished I could have. It was THAT fabulous!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Everything we ate was good tasting and fun to eat. It’s normal there to eat with your fingers, but they give you a fork if you wish. My husband and I love to eat at ethnic restaurants and will make a point to go back here to try more things on the menu. We ate the sampler appetizer that had 4 different items, I had a green stew with beef onions and potatoes with Ethiopian spices, and my husband had a vegetarian dish that was based on cabbage but it comes on a communal dish and we each ate some of everything. I wish I had made note of the names but I couldn't pronounce them at the time and didn't think to write them down. The restaurant is across the street from a little airport and we spent an enjoyable hour wandering around there, watching the planes take off and land.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

The food is delicious! Plus, you get to eat with your hands!

1  Thank rlh912