“J. Gumbo's Clifton 2109 Frankfort Avenue”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of J Gumbos - CLOSED

J Gumbos
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“J. Gumbo's Clifton 2109 Frankfort Avenue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Voodoo chicken and Drunken chicken are a must!!!

Been all around trying to find something that compares without too much luck. Was a good place in Memphis. I was all excited to go to New Orleans to find the real thing or something like that, but could not after much effort. Came back wanting the usual even more. This location is the best from some reason and often seems better if it is older (later in the day, 3 pm). Reheated in a toaster oven is better then fresh.

• Visited June 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Nice place to try out...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Was passing by this side of town, so decided to try it out, and see what they had to offer. I was not disappointed. Reasonably priced and food served fast too!
Ordered the gumbo and the wife ordered the Bourbon chicken - both were delicious! We were expecting some mediocre tasting food - but this one is different.
The gumbo's rice and sausage were delicious and I also tasted my wife's dish - it was made just right. Not too hot on the tongue, you can savour the sweet hoisin sauce in the dish.
I recommend you check out the spot if you visit town. You'll be glad you did.

• Visited June 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I was expecting fast food but what I got was food fast. This was the most pleasant stop in the last few days. I like it spicy, and the "Drunken chicken" was perfect. Nice selection of cold brews that compliment the spicy food too.

Paducah, Kentucky
“Wonderful find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

It was SO good and very reasonable priced. There was a line to order and the place was packed. Obviously lots of other people share our opinion. We wanted to return for dinner another day but they are only open for lunch. Too bad! Very convenient for people staying at the Hyatt.

Visited March 2014
“Poplar level location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

So today I tried out J Gumbo's. The service was excellent. The young lady had me sample two items on the menu and the special. I combined all three. I walked in thinking I was going to go for gumbo, jambalaya or etoufee. However after the sample of the drunken chicken (spicy), something with corn and beans and the special which had a sweet but Cajun essence I had an explosion of flavor. Two thumbs up. Five stars and any other rating. I will definitely return. Check out the poplar level location. Its behind the chilis opposite corner of panera.