“We can say we've been here...above average 3.5”

Havana Rumba St. Matthews
Ranked #14 of 1,812 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Description: Havana Rumba is a trip to the Caribbean no passport required. Join the Cuban party without having to break the travel restrictions. Buen provecho!
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Family outing, (boys 11 & 13) Nice place in an unlikely location of a small strip mall, our GPS took us to a residential area first...go figure. Had a bit of a language barrier with the waiter...brought me the wrong beer and messed up one of my son's orders. Food was good, good flavors and nice portions. Go for the pork dishes...it is cuban afterall. My wife had one of the dinner salads, everything was fresh. Selection is limited for kids / teens, cuban is not mexican food so need to be sure the kiddos know that going in. Desserts were great...Flan & Tres Leche were awesome. Price was reasonable. We can say we have been to Louisville's top rated...but will likely try somewhere else next trip. For locals, I would assume this is a place to hit twice a year. No real WOW factor...but good.

1  Thank kprumfelt

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had no problem getting a table for 7 on a Saturday afternoon and we even made it while lunch menu was still available; a great deal that lasts until 3pm. Everything we ordered was fresh, authentic and delicous. The beef empenadas and all the pork dishes were some of the highlights. Friendly service. Kids are welcome and they have a separate kids menu.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Went with my wife, son and daughter-in-law Saturday. Pleasant day and a nice crowd on the outside patio. Waited about 20 minutes for a table which seems very good for Saturday evening at 7:00PM

Wife and I shared a starter Camarones Ajillo which was superior. My son's starter was a chicken dish and was very tasty.

Main courses were Masas de Puerco and Enchilado de Camarones both of which were very very good. My pork was as good as I have ever had and wife's shrimp was super.

Ended the meal with bread pudding. Not accustomed to cinnamon and cloves in bread pudding so was a little taken aback but once we got into it we discovered it was quite good.

Over all the food quality was 4.5+ on a scale of one to five but the service was a different story.

Waiter was friendly but seemed over worked. Seldom saw him after he took the order. I would have had a second beverage but he was no were to be found.

I have to concur with other reviewers, the place is loud and not conducive to a relaxing evening. Having said that, I would put up with the noise again for the food quality

Price???? Hmmmm seems on the high side but acceptable.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We love trying new places in new towns, and this place did not disappoint. We all ordered the Fricase de Pollo and enjoyed every last bit of it. The fried sweet plantains were heavenly. The service was prompt and friendly. It was bit loud, but the food outweighed that!

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Unique atmosphere for this area of Louisville. You will feel like home everytime you come back, the staff is very friendly and they are great with kids. Huge variety on the menu, we love TOSTONES CON POLLO!. This restaurant has been our favorite restaurant for eight years and I think they will be for eight more!