“Vaca Frita--every time”

Ranked #11 of 1,801 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Description: Havana Rumba is a trip to the Caribbean no passport required. Join the Cuban party without having to break the travel restrictions. Buen provecho!
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Havana Rumba is a favorite restaurant of mine. I always order the Vaca Frita, which is crispy, grilled, shredded beef served with rice and black beans. It is an amazing dish and never fails to satisfy my fat-kid craving. Although I haven't been able to move on and try other entrees, I always sample my friends' dishes and enjoy every bite. Although I have had positive experiences with the food and service when I dine in the restaurant, each time I call to place an order for carry-out, the experience spoils my enjoyment of Havana Rumba. On multiple occasions, I have called and been treated rudely or ignored (having to repeat my order several times because I am obviously not being listened to). That being said, I still enjoy eating at Havana Rumba, but would recommend to dine-in (arrive early--it's always busy!) or brace yourself before placing an order for carry-out..

There are newer reviews for Havana Rumba St. Matthews

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Me and a friend decided to try this place based on TA reviews. It was a great experience, food was wonderful, service was beyond good and it was affordable. My friend had traveled to Costa Rica and said that what he had to eat here was very close to what he had while there regarding flavor and quality. It's in a little strip mall which doesn't look like much on the outside but the inside reminded me of an authentic Mexican restaurant in it's decor. I wish I would have had room for a coconut milkshake but I was beyond full after lunch. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped in here for lunch and it was hands down the best meal of our last trip...The bread and butter they bring out is addicting. I got the appetizer sampler for my meal and it was delicious. The other plate (can't remember the name, but it was beef) was amazing too.

1  Thank blackyceqwerty
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We love Cuban food. So when we saw that Louisville's #1 rated restaurant was Havana Rumble we had to check it out. The food was good, not great. We've had better Cuban at many places in Florida. My mojito was one of the best I've had. The place however, had no ambiance. We didn't expect a fine dining experience, but we hoped for something at least like Don Pablo's etc. Their website had great Cuban music, so I wrongly assumed there might be some live music on a Saturday night. Not so, instead we sat in a tiny booth next to a bus of about 50 women who were eating from a buffet. So we had an endless stream of women standing right over our table as we ate. Fortunately, they were quite nice, but they really should have had a private room. This would be a great place for lunch,but a disappointment for dinner.

1  Thank Joann M
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Started out the evening with a House Margarita...DELICIOUS! Our server's name was Reidal. He was very helpful and patient while explaining the different foods to us first timers. I ordered the Fricase De Pollo and sweet potato fries. Can't say enough about how great the food and service was. Will definitely go back!

1  Thank Scrappy4u