“Let's Rumba”

Ranked #19 of 1,852 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Description: Havana Rumba is a trip to the Caribbean no passport required. Join the Cuban party without having to break the travel restrictions. Buen provecho!
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was visiting from California and looking for a different experience while visiting Louisville, KY. I discovered Havana Rumba in my hotel directory and thought I would like to have some Cuban food. I was not disappointed from the time I entered the restaurant until I left, I enjoyed it all. The service was excellent. The staff was friendly and seated me right away. The menu was not too much but a very good selection. The food presentation and taste was excellent I had the grilled shrimped in a sause that had garlic, cilantro and lime but very well done. Excellent. I also had saunteed veggies that was delicious along with a Cesar salad.

1  Thank Lynetta J

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I love this Havana Rumba location. It's one of my favorite Louisville restaurants. The garlic shrimp appetizer is fantastic and flavorful, and the Vaca Frita is delicious. The sangria is also not-to-be-missed, along with the mojitos (which come with a sugar cane stir stick.) Love this place!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

What a great place - wish we had this in Charlotte. I had a great dish and can't remember the name, but I think it wa Vaca Frita. It was crispy shredded beef with onions and peppers along with black beans and plantains served with rice. I mixed everything together and it was a flavor explosion. I tried a few of the app's and they were all great. I can't wait to go back to Louisville so I can eat here again,

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I recently hosted a business dinner for eight people at Havana Rumba. They gladly accepted our reservatio, and the service was very good. Our waiter was quite helpful making recommendations and gladly answering our questions. We started with a large sampler platter that came out with an impressive 3 tier presentation. The "Cuban pizza" with chicken and plantains as crust was a crowd pleaser! For many in our party, this was their very first exposure to Cuban food, and I dare say based on our great experience, it will NOT be their last. Several in our group raved about the Cubano, which is a traditional pressed cuban pork/ham sandwich with cheese and pickles, served with sweet potato fries. Another popular dish was the skirt steak, which was served with two delicious chimchurri sauces.

The atmosphere is cozy and authentic. They even had a musician playing the violin in the other room. It's a hidden gem, so I'd say take a risk and give Havana Rumba a chance! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Crowded dining room, good music made it too loud to converse, but otherwise all was well at Havana Rumba. Food is good, as is the service. Sweet potato fries with their smoky honey dipping sauce - mmmm good! I have had the Cubano on my last two visits. Can't remember what I had on my first visit, but loved it.